Dyspraxia or just me?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

FAndrews
Power poster

Re: Dyspraxia or just me?

Post by FAndrews »

I'm glad to hear the word problem isn't just me then :), so frustrating when it is a really common word, i can almost feel the word but just can't think of it . spatial awareness is a real problem, maps cause me real trouble, trying to think of where one place is in relation to another.
screengreen
Power poster

Re: Dyspraxia or just me?

Post by screengreen »

yup been there got lost in my new off twice last week, personally I don't think its all in the brain .... I think it might be our body position sense that is our muscles don't tell us properly where they are in space. So for most people when they are sat on chair with there feet on the ground they know exactly where they are .... but we don't .....if we were blind people would not expect us to know where we were going but in a sense we are body position blind and if you never feel properly where you are going how are you supposed to remember where you've been. Knowing this I now make a mental note of visual landmarks but this is extremely exhausting! you may like to checkout this link if you don't get what I mean www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2iOliN3fAE
hope this doesn't sound too preachy or know it all its just understanding this really helped me!