Hi....I think I may belong here....

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mightylinds
New member - welcome them!

Hi....I think I may belong here....

Post by Mightylinds »

Hi all,

I'm 45 and live in the UK and have been wondering for the last few years if I was dyspraxic. My colleague got a private diagnosis and everything she mentioned I could identify with so it got me thinking.

I have always been clumsy, often wake up with strange bruises and when at work I would always have bruised hips from catching the desks as I walked down the central aisle! Spill things. Messy at washing up. Now I bang my head on cupboards a lot ](*,)

It's the 'executive functions' aspect that's more the problem these days as I can mask/control the clumsy most of the time. Am very familiar with the losing things/being in a muddle thing. Have left countless cups of tea and food in the microwave to go cold. I have to turn maps around so I have a snowball's chance in hell of reading them. The only way I'm organised is by lists. Hundreds of lists and planners and alarms!! I can't 'see' time so used to overbook myself and get tired from being out 7/8 nights in a row. Daily living takes so much energy though, doesn't it? Things were even worse when the kids were at primary school - I had their admin too!!!

Once I sent my DD1 to school in fancy dress because I misread the message. Thought it was a whole school thing but it was just for KS1. Luckily wasn't at work so apologised to the teacher and rushed home so I could fetch her uniform.

I love the post on 'you know you're dyspraxic..' may go and add to it!

Thanks for providing this safe space for dyspraxics and those who may have it to be supported.

Linds
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hi....I think I may belong here....

Post by Tom fod »

Welcome Linds. Glad you've found us.

This site was created 15 years ago. I stumbled over the forums about 10 years ago myself.

There is a lot more peer to peer support on Social Media but not everyone likes or wants to be active there.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)