Hello

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Louise33
New member - welcome them!

Hello

Post by Louise33 »

Hello,my name is Louise, or Lou and I am very new to this world, I am not diagnosed and had only heard of dyspraxia a few days ago.
I will try to keep my story short.
A very casual conversation at work led to someone mentioning that they were dyspraxic and their wife is as well, someone else joined in talking about dyscalcula and I joined in because I have always felt I had that but in college was "analysed" for it and told I don't have that, I have a severe difficulty with maths but because there are very few difficulties when someone is next to me then it was ruled out. On talking to the person with my reasons for thinking I had this they said maybe it's this. So I started reading, and found this forum and have become very overwhelmed very quickly.
It's a huge relief that some of my quirks maybe have a reason. I am here to continue learning and hopefully give/get some support to what I am going through.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Lou

Welcome. Glad you've found us.

The thresholds for identifying dyspraxia and the other Dys conditions under the umbrella of specific learning difficulties often seems somewhat arbitrary. I would definitely say that I don't have a brain geared for maths either. I get by (by not needing it/asking someone if I need to). With any of these conditions you don't need ticks in every box, just a sufficient amount of difficulty in some/enough of the areas
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)