A lifetime explained

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Canjen66
New member - welcome them!

A lifetime explained

Post by Canjen66 »

Hi
At 73 I’ve just been told I have dyspraxia and……oh wow……a lifetime explained! What a huge relief!
No longer will I be the but of the joke “watch out there’s a wormhole, you are sure to fall down it” Or stress out when I can’t get all the ingredients of my meals together at the same time or even remember the peas are still in the microwave, or even wonder why I struggle to balance on one leg or balance on anything at yoga when I’ve been practising for years! Don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: A lifetime explained

Post by Tom fod »

Canjen66 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:07 pm Hi
At 73 I’ve just been told I have dyspraxia and……oh wow……a lifetime explained! What a huge relief!
No longer will I be the but of the joke “watch out there’s a wormhole, you are sure to fall down it” Or stress out when I can’t get all the ingredients of my meals together at the same time or even remember the peas are still in the microwave, or even wonder why I struggle to balance on one leg or balance on anything at yoga when I’ve been practising for years! Don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
Hi Jen and welcome

The realisation certainly causes a range of emotions. You could say that remaining undetected is a homage to your coping/masking mechanisms and doing things your way. Remember the label is to help explain rather than to define you.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
KnockKnock
New member - welcome them!

Re: A lifetime explained

Post by KnockKnock »

Let’s cry and laugh! So happy for you to feel that contentment of not constantly questioning yourself. It is a good feeling to begin to let go and start to do the work on where you really are instead of what is expected of you!☕️