Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ronanoshea
New member - welcome them!

Post by ronanoshea »

Hello,

I am a new member to the forum, found the website while looking up noise sensitivity (I have a whistling housemate) and dyspraxia.

I work in a care home now but used to be a journalist. Wrote this article (https://humanparts.medium.com/a-disabil ... 6b5e95e6c1) a couple of years ago about dyspraxia that some people found helpful, hope it's okay to post here. Looking forward to reading the forum and getting to understand how dyspraxia affects people more.

Ronan
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: New member

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Ronan

Welcome and thank you very much for sharing the link to your article. I liked it, so much so, that I shared link in a couple of Dyspraxia Facebook groups I'm involved with. It's been thoroughly liked, around a 100 times.

How have you found working in care home? Quite a lot of us work in healthcare, the caring and educational sectors - not myself though unless you count my efforts to try to help friends including folk here. We do often seem to be naturally empathetic and really do like to help and make a difference for others.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)