New to the forum

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Helen-Jayne
New member - welcome them!

New to the forum

Post by Helen-Jayne »

Hi Folks,

Hope you are all well.
I am new on this forum even though I have been diagnosed with Dyspraxia for 8 years.
Prior to recent events I have not taken the Dyspraxia seriously but now considering I need to pay more attention.

One of the things that triggered me to this website is that I get Migraines with Non-epileptic seizures. I suddenly had this thought that could the two be connected with Dyspraxia and found this forum with lots of people saying that they get migraines.

It makes a lot of sense to me. Currently, I am studying a master's degree in Psychology and understand a little of how the brain works. My migraines are situated at the lower back of the brain - the dyspraxia is known to be centred at the lower back of the brain - a definite connection.
I was wondering for those of you who also get migraines, where are your migraines situated in your brain?

I also work full time and find it can be quite exhausting with the learning difficulty part of the Dyspraxia - I was wondering how anyone else copes with work?

I look forward to getting to know you all.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: New to the forum

Post by Tom fod »

Helen-Jayne wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:17 pm . .. .dyspraxia is known to be centred at the lower back of the brain -
Hi Helen

Please cite your source for the above claim?

Dyspraxia is a complex condition and many have other conditions which in some cares have indirect links. There is regrettably an awful lot of unhelpful and in some cases very dangerous misinformation concerning dyspraxia. Much of the misinformation is from quacks who want to profit from peoples’ need for help to “fix” their own or their children’s brains.

Our dyspraxic brains are within the range of what is “normal” and scans of a dyspraxic brain show normal patterns of activity with no lesions.

Psychology is NOT Neurology. We are very prone to stress and over-thinking and the stress we experience can make us more prone to migraines.

Please consult a medical professional for help with your migraines and non-epileptic seizures, not the internet and people with no knowledge of your physiology or medical history.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)