Hi I'm Jim

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jimi
New member - welcome them!

Hi I'm Jim

Post by Jimi »

I looked into Dyspraxia when Ryan fell off his bike in Dr Who. I had heard about it and suspected that my poor handwriting might be linked to this learning difficulty but my experience of falling off bikes (and into and off things in general) has convinced me. I don't have a diagnosis but at 50 years old I'm not sure how valuable a diagnosis would be.

My ability to walk into or trip over anything is a super power which tuned my mind to trip hazards in the workplace eliminating them for the safety of all (well mostly me). Door frames and welcome mats leap out at me from time to time but I like to think they are just making a friendly effort to keep my reflexes highly tuned.

I'm currently learning how to do a handstand, having had a lifelong ambition to learn after I became old (inspired by the Lewis Carroll poem You Are Old Father William). I'm hoping that improved upper body strength and fitness will help protect me from trips and falls as I age but mostly I want to be a grey beard with an odd behaviour.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hi I'm Jim

Post by Tom fod »

Jimi wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:16 pm I looked into Dyspraxia when Ryan fell off his bike in Dr Who. I had heard about it and suspected that my poor handwriting might be linked to this learning difficulty but my experience of falling off bikes (and into and off things in general) has convinced me. I don't have a diagnosis but at 50 years old I'm not sure how valuable a diagnosis would be.

My ability to walk into or trip over anything is a super power which tuned my mind to trip hazards in the workplace eliminating them for the safety of all (well mostly me). Door frames and welcome mats leap out at me from time to time but I like to think they are just making a friendly effort to keep my reflexes highly tuned.

I'm currently learning how to do a handstand, having had a lifelong ambition to learn after I became old (inspired by the Lewis Carroll poem You Are Old Father William). I'm hoping that improved upper body strength and fitness will help protect me from trips and falls as I age but mostly I want to be a grey beard with an odd behaviour.
Hi Jim

Growing older unconventionally is always good in my book! If you need to see where all the hazards are on a path you only need to follow one of us!

Getting confirmation, while often difficult, can be useful if your Dyspraxia is holding you back and/or you need to try to compel an employer to offer some level of reasonable adjustment.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)