Hello I'm Ben

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ben1984
New member - welcome them!

Hello I'm Ben

Post by Ben1984 »

Hello, my name is Ben.

i keep getting very depressed and would like to know how other people deal with it?

i like cutting the grass and spending time with some of my family.

im learning to drive but finding it hard as i get so nervous.

i have a girlfriend but dont know if i want to be with her anymore but dont want to be on my own.

can anyone help please

Ben
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello I'm Ben

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Ben

The current Pandemic situation and the uncertainty/ever changing rules isn't helping anyone and I think we do absorb some of that tension. I find being kinder and more accepting of myself has really helped. Have you spoken to your GP.

Have you spoken to your girlfriend about how you both feel?
I've always been single so can't offer any more than that Though a lot of my friends dyspraxic and non-dyspraxic have been equally prey to a lack of communication.

Can't really advise on the driving as a non driver finding a good instructor helps

Please take a look at our help resources list here
https://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/foru ... =14&t=7385
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Ben1984
New member - welcome them!

Post by Ben1984 »

Hi Tom

I do have a good instructor for driving lessons but it's tests I struggle with and how nervous I get.

I just get really down that I don't want to be hear anymore. I've spoke to my doctor and they have not helped at all really. I can't explain how I feel or understand emotions and hate talking about myself.

Thanks tom
From ben
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Ben

I can understand that. You know your instructor but the examiner is likely someone new and added to that there is an additional load of pressure heaped on you by the situation and yourself.

Expressing ourselves in a way that other people understand is not ever very easy and so often we feel alone. It's not always easy but try to find things you enjoy doing hopefully with people whose company you enjoy. The pressure from others to always be positive can often be an additional strain and we tend to pick up and be more affected by the others unease as well as our own.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)