Hello ... I’m new here

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Topsy
New member - welcome them!

Hello ... I’m new here

Post by Topsy »

Hi there everyone,
I found this forum when looking for tips for dyspraxics trying to put on makeup! I never bothered when I was younger, being pretty introverted I never really went out much and didn’t have chance or interest to experiment. I’m still not hugely keen on makeup but feel I probably should make some effort now I’ll be doing a lot of teaching via Zoom. 8-[

Anyway, it’s nice to find a place to chat. My managers at work know about my diagnosis but I haven’t disclosed to colleagues yet- and don’t think I really want to, so it will be good to be myself a little here :)
Looking forward to some good discussions!
Xenavire
Power poster

Re: Hello ... I’m new here

Post by Xenavire »

Hi there! Welcome, I really don't welcome people enough here.

Not that I think you should change your mind, but as a guy, I never thought women wearing makeup looked good. I'll make an exception for being on camera - films and tv require a little makeup just to look natural, but wearing it for social situations is incredibly overrated in my eyes. Most women tend to overdo it - I understand wanting your best features to shine, but layer after layer of mascara and strong shades of lipstick detract from beauty far more frequently than it adds to it.

Still, learning new skills is never a bad thing, so good luck! I hope however it turns out, you are happy with the result.

As for discussions, I'm always on the look out for interesting topics, so don't be shy. (Sorry if all this comes off a bit awkward, I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone a little more, and greeting people is definitely outside of that zone.)
Topsy
New member - welcome them!

Post by Topsy »

Thanks for taking time to send a welcome message. Looking forward to get to know people here a bit.
I'm just thankful I don't work in one of those jobs where wearing high heels and suits is required!
Xenavire
Power poster

Post by Xenavire »

Are there actually places that still do that? I'm surprised.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Topsy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 pm Hi there everyone,
I found this forum when looking for tips for dyspraxics trying to put on makeup! I never bothered when I was younger, being pretty introverted I never really went out much and didn’t have chance or interest to experiment. I’m still not hugely keen on makeup but feel I probably should make some effort now I’ll be doing a lot of teaching via Zoom. 8-[

Anyway, it’s nice to find a place to chat. My managers at work know about my diagnosis but I haven’t disclosed to colleagues yet- and don’t think I really want to, so it will be good to be myself a little here :)
Looking forward to some good discussions!

Hi. Topsy and welcome to our corner of the web

The whole issue of Disclosure is such a conundrum. Some people will accept you and will react perfectly normally and supportively but others just aren't able to comprehend

On subject of Makeup Did you find
https://themighty.com/2017/07/tips-for- ... r-control/

or this from Leila Whitney
https://youtu.be/wjMpMLmcVl4
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)