hi

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

žan
New member - welcome them!

hi

Post by žan »

Hello.
I'm a young adult (18 years old) and have been diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was a kid. I've have difficulties with my balance, organization, concentration but mostly speach. I joined to read posts about life and expiriences you guys have had throught life and maybe any tips or suggestions on how to make it less complex. Which brings me to my first question if anyone knows how to improve speach. Ive personally usually blurb my words or as my family likes to say "eat" them. Usually I would start a sentence and I would just say it in a very fast way so that people wouldn't understand and sometimes when I say a sentence I would forget to say a word. I have tried some stuff that I read online but it doesnt seem to have an effect.

I hope I can read and learn from you guys since I am unexpirienced about the topic and explaining it to my friends.
Thanks for reading have a good day/night.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: hi

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Zan and welcome
Glad you've found us.

I'm lucky in that my speech is not to adversely affected, However, there are plenty of folk for whom speech is a difficulty, plus it can also really gnaw at our confidence as we struggle to convey what we need to other people, leading to much frustration.

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine who I help with a Facebook Group had a Q&A with a Speech & Language Therapist who herself is Dyspraxic. If you'd like, I could send you a PDF of her Powerpoint presentation?
(Since I'm an Administrator here I only need a Yes. No need to provide me with an email unless you need me to send to an email that differs from the one you used to register for this forum.)
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
žan

Post by žan »

Tom fod wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:38 pm Hi Zan and welcome
Glad you've found us.

I'm lucky in that my speech is not to adversely affected, However, there are plenty of folk for whom speech is a difficulty, plus it can also really gnaw at our confidence as we struggle to convey what we need to other people, leading to much frustration.

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine who I help with a Facebook Group had a Q&A with a Speech & Language Therapist who herself is Dyspraxic. If you'd like, I could send you a PDF of her Powerpoint presentation?
(Since I'm an Administrator here I only need a Yes. No need to provide me with an email unless you need me to send to an email that differs from the one you used to register for this forum.)
Yes I would really appreaciate it. And apolagiez for any misspelled words and sentences. English isnt my first language.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

No problem. Will get into it later when main computer is on.

Don't worry about grammatical or spelling errors here since it's an informal group setting and we're well aware some folk struggle in this area.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
rowram

Post by rowram »

Hello!! I would love to have access to this PDF as well, if you don't mind! I have had incredible difficulty getting my words out, and have been looking for tools to work on this, and even to simply understand it, as it is so frustrating!!!

Thank you for your time, and I am grateful to have found this site!
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

rowram wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:45 am Hello!! I would love to have access to this PDF as well, if you don't mind! I have had incredible difficulty getting my words out, and have been looking for tools to work on this, and even to simply understand it, as it is so frustrating!!!

Thank you for your time, and I am grateful to have found this site!
Have sent to the email you used to register on this forum with. Please check your junk mail folder if necessary.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

rowram

Post by rowram »

Got it! Thank you so much!
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

rowram wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:04 pm Got it! Thank you so much!
You're v welcome.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator