Hello

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

niamhwaite
New member - welcome them!

Hello

Post by niamhwaite »

Hi, I'm Niamh.
I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia in December by an educational psychologist. I haven't been told what that really means or entails, however, so I am a bit lost. I don't know what is Dyspraxia symptoms and whats not really. I know the basics like co-ordination difficulty and bad short term memory. Anyway, I saw a link to this site on the NHS page for adult Dyspraxia and thought it was a good idea.
I'm 19, studying illustration at university in England and I enjoy games of all kinds; tabletop and video games! I recently got a switch which I'm very happy with :) I also love listening to music.

Thanks for reading :)
Probably bored and forgetting something important I'm meant to be doing :ball:
Niamh :D
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Niamh

Firstly a warm welcome to the Forum. Glad you've found us.

There sadly is a lack of answers and support in regard 'What does this mean? and What do I do now?
I came here in May 2011, with the same questions. This is more info out there than there was.

It's a rather nebulous condition to get your head around or try to explain as we're affected differently and have different strategies which we've picked up that allow us to function and often go undetected.

Please check out my resource list here. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7385.

Please feel free to ask any follow-on questions that may occur to you?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)