Evening folks!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

stitchwitch
New member - welcome them!

Evening folks!

Post by stitchwitch »

Hi, My name is A and I'm dyspraxic. (Probably)

I'm 55 and have currently been fighting for the last twelve months with the NHS in Yorkshire to get an actual assessment. I tick all the online boxes. I wasn't diagnosed as a child because Dyspraxia didn't exist in the 1960s - I was just derided and bullied for being clumsy, inept and socially inadequate. Now I'm getting the feeling that I'm just not worth the hassle or expense. Well, I'm out of work yet again so I've not much else to do with my time but keep biting people's legs till they listen to me I guess. :-({|=

Yep. I'm turning into a bolshy so-and-so. :Eek:

If anyone in Yorkshire has any helpful suggestions as to where to get an assessment please speak up? I'm actually at my wits' end here and am guessing there'll be a few folk who can empathise (even though us dyspraxics can be pretty rubbish at that apparently). Money is an issue unfortunately - I don't have £7 let alone the £700 one place quoted me. More :-({|=

When not fighting beaurocracy ](*,) I am staff to cats and enjoy photography, knitting, sewing and crochet. I have a boatload of qualifications, and the one of which I am proudest is ... my driver's license! Yay me! Driver
--
Preserve wildlife: pickle a squirrel today
Shadwell

Re: Evening folks!

Post by Shadwell »

Welcome to the forum, removed the 2nd post for you, no problem with that.

Mike
stitchwitch
New member - welcome them!

Post by stitchwitch »

Cheers Mike
:boxedin:
--
Preserve wildlife: pickle a squirrel today
Moot
Power poster

Post by Moot »

Welcome to the forum, Stitchwitch. :)

While I can't help with your Yorkshire assessments query, I do hope you will find this forum a help.

'Staff to cats', haha, I know about that! :p
Hopefully not making too many moot points... heh... *ahem* :D