Hi from a newbie

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Hi from a newbie

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Hello all,
Just thought I'd introduce myself to you all and give you a little background (if you get easily bored stop reading now :) )
I'm 28 years old and have been diagnosed with a tonne of different developmental conditions at the age of 3 it was spastic cerebral palsy then it was diplegia or something, finally they settled on Plain old dyspraxia and dyslexia about 4 years ago. ( Although I've just had another assessment that said I may also have mild asperger's or autistic spectrum disorder grrr.. makes my head spin just thinking about it.)
A couple of weeks ago I realised that although I'd talked about it (or tried to) with friends,family, doctors and other "experts" id never to my knowledge actually met or talked to another dyspraxic which I found really depressing :(, so I found this forum and started reading.
Id just like to say its been something of an eye opener, although I've had physiotherapy etc to the point where outwardly I appear "normal" (how I hate that word :@ ) there was loads of other stuff that i just didn't know how to talk about cos I thought people would think I was a tin short of a six pack or something, which has at times made life a little difficult.
Reading through these forums going "I do that"or "I thought that was just me" has really helped, anyway I ramble on so Ill just say keep up the good work, and I apologise in advance for the possible weird randomness of some of my questions :) .
Liz944
Super poster

Re: Hi from a newbie

Post by Liz944 »

Welcome to the forum!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm 26 and was diagnosed with dyspraxia when I was 15.
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Thanks both.