Helping with mistakes at Work

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

spyboy412
New member - welcome them!

Helping with mistakes at Work

Post by spyboy412 »

Hi there,

I am currently working as a receptionist at a charity for the Blind. I seem to make lots of mistakes when ordering items online. I order the wrong item and then someone else has to order the correct one. Can I get some advice on how not to make these mistakes so often. I try to get clarification on what I'm ordering from other staff members before I put the order through and write down what I'm ordering before I do it as well. Is there any other advice I could get.

To introduce myself my name is Jordan, I'm 25 and currently work at mcdonalds and at RNIB as a recpeitonist. Also studying software development at the open University on the side as well.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Helping with mistakes at Work

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Jordan

First of all welcome.
I'm very conscientious too and if I did the same it would bother me equally as I hate making mistakes even thoughI'm human.

You're writing it sown and asking for a second pair of eyes before you submit an order so in my opinion you're taking good and reasonable steps to try to avoid errors.

I'm mildly visually impaired as well as Dyspraxic so v much applaud your volunteering for RNIB.

How do you find working at McDonalds?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)