Hello All

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DDIGITALDNR
New member - welcome them!

Hello All

Post by DDIGITALDNR »

Hi All
I'm David, I'm 42 from London.
I've had brain developmental issues all my life. I could not write or draw as a pre school child, I also suffered from Dyscalculia and had poor balance and muscle weakness. I started using computers at home from Age 7 onwards which really improved things for me. I also had a very early Tandy Laptop word processor supplied by the education authority but often had no way of printing anything at School so ended up failing when it came to my GCSEs as I forced to do them as handwritten with a pen.

As a adult I had to seek vocational education to gain qualifications, my balance and strength improved in my teens and I became physically stronger than my peers but did not and still don't know my own strength. My handwriting is still very poor and variable and even painful. I learned to draw in my early teens by using carbon paper and copying cartoon characters and video game box art. I found drawing on the iPad to help greatly in recent years as it can correct my shaky movements.

I still cannot peal a potato, use a manual saw to cut wood or use a traditional wet razor to shave and I often get very tired and fatigued doing anything but compared to how bad things were for me as a Child I have improved.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello All

Post by Tom fod »

Hi David
Welcome to the Forum. Glad you've found us.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)