How did you find out about the Dyspraxic Adults Forum?

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

How did you find out about the Dyspraxic Adults Forum?

Dyspraxia Foundation
9%
Wikipedia
4%
Google
73%
Yahoo
2%
MSN
0%
Other search engine
5%
Word of Mouth
5%

Total votes: 211

Pooky
Administrator

Re: How did you find out about the Dyspraxic Adults Forum?

Post by Pooky »

Hi Myron,

Thankyou for that link. I hope you enjoy it here.
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

Andrew_S_Hatton wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:50 am I am surprised to discover this group has been going since 2006 and i do not seem to have been a memeber before 2017>

I am interested in the history of the group, what can you tell me please dear reader?
What did you want to know?
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

The NHS page on DCD /Dyspraxia also has a link to the Forum.

No fat referral fee from Matt Hancock
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
MarcoAmara
New member - welcome them!

Post by MarcoAmara »

I found this site in the google website.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Welcome
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
HMF66

Post by HMF66 »

Hi, I have had dyspraxia suggested by another group. I have bpd )borderline personality disorder, and among a few other named issues are anxiety and depression. But the symptoms of dyspraxia fit me like a glove, and whilst no one wants to be labelled or told you have yet another problem but it would initially be such a huge relief to know there is a reason for everything that I experience on a day to day process. I guess I need to have a chat with my doctor?
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

HMF66 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:17 am Hi, I have had dyspraxia suggested by another group. I have bpd )borderline personality disorder, and among a few other named issues are anxiety and depression. But the symptoms of dyspraxia fit me like a glove, and whilst no one wants to be labelled or told you have yet another problem but it would initially be such a huge relief to know there is a reason for everything that I experience on a day to day process. I guess I need to have a chat with my doctor?

Welcome

The difficulties of living with unrecognised underlying dyspraxia may well have contributed to your BPD

Please be mindful that
[*]Many doctors know only a little about dyspraxia and may wrongly believe 'you should have grown out of it'
[*]Some are somewhat reticent about challenging or overturning diagnoses made previously by their 'more eminent' peers
[*]That they might not have any options to refer you as an adult for testing/assessment

Go armed with a list of examples of how you align with traits/symptoms, how these impact you and how an assessment would help you.
I sincerely hope your doctor is helpful and listens rather than aligning with the above.

You're welcome here irrespective of whether you're self discovered or an expert has diagnosed/suggested or confirmed you're one of the tribe!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

KevinVonErich

Post by KevinVonErich »

google

wanted to find some information and he gave me that source. Decided to register after reading. The forum seems no active btw...
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Kevin

Welcome Glad you've found us!

Sadly the Forum is not as active as it used to be as there are fortunately many other avenues of support particularly on Social media platforms where it is in many ways easier to communicate in the moment.

While a lot of our day to day vwork as Admins seems to be removing spam I still believe this forum offers an alternative to groups on social media and it's also more easily searchable.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

Olorin

Post by Olorin »

HR team sent it to me along with other sites, when asked for some advice and support at work.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Olorin

Welcome to the Forum
If you look in our Getting Help and Assessment section there's a post listing various help resources.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator