Books

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Books

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

"Where can I get a book on how to cope with dyspraxia in adulthood in Ireland?
Amy Conway
bookgirl
Getting settled in

Re: Books

Post by bookgirl »

Hi, I know your post was quite a while ago but I thought I'd mention a great book I found about a year and a half ago. I helped me in many ways.
It's called 'Asper Girls' and it's by Rudy Simone. Ok, it's about Aspergers - which is what I was convinced I was/had but so much of it rang true for me and, reading your previous post here I though of this book. It's also based on the authors experience in the USA but I can't find anything more UK based. There's also a book about Aspergers and Anxiety which I'm tempted to get, even though I've since been diagnosed with Dyspraxia I know there's a lot in common with Aspergers Syndrome.
I wish there was a support group of some kind in the West of Scotland for me!
Take care,
BG
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

Try looking for the book Chaged in Chaios by Victoria Briggs and / or Living With Dyspraxicia by Mary Collie
they can be found on Amazon, Dyspraxicia foundation or if your lucky your libary - I was surprised when chaged in chaios was in one of the county's libary.

There are simmarlities with aspergus and dyspraxicia but also a lot of diffrances and oppersits.

The books are both written by dyspraxics, Chaged in Chaios is written from a teenage perspective but is still verry good and somthing that all dyspraxics can relate to.
The real Mr Potato Head
BeatrixPlotter
Getting settled in

Post by BeatrixPlotter »

I would also recommend Living With Dyspraxia, it's an excellent book.
Tangled
New member - welcome them!

Post by Tangled »

Go to amazon, and there is a book called “Living With Dyspraxia” written by Mary Colley. So you can buy it.