Crimping hair

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chaz
Getting settled in

Crimping hair

Post by Chaz »

I never was any good at make up or hair, so I gave up on make up, but the hair I persisted at. If I'm looking in a mirror, while doing it, it gets really complicated. So I just do it without and it's much easier.
Anyone else have this problem?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Crimping hair

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome

As might be suggested by my name, I'm a bloke and would most certainly make a Transvestite of the order of David Walliam's Eddie Howard character from Little Britain.

However, googling Dyspraxia and Makeup does turn up results including these on You Tube
https://youtu.be/QsoDDO6WPqQ. from JJ, Dyspraxic does Makeup - Glam

https://youtu.be/3_BYeOV_63k. From the Two Dyspraxics.

Krystal Bella and other Dyspraxic You Tubers also cover the subject

Do use the Search box in the top bar above to look for more on this topic within this forum.

There is a Ladies only Dyspraxia Facebook. It's linked from the Help & Support Post in our Day to Day Living section.
Last edited by Tom fod on Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Lilz113
New member - welcome them!

Post by Lilz113 »

Yep! I have this problem. I found ignoring the mirror helped me straighten my hair too. Still can't understand how curling works (my mate does it for me).

Its taken 13years to do basic make up (i can do foundation, some eyeshadow and lipstick on days that hands dont shake). Yet I'm pretty good at aerial hoop ](*,) I don't get it lol! Climbing and performing tricks at height should be a lot harder than sorting my hair and following instructions at work yet its the "easier" day to day stuff thats a lot harder than harder stuff

I found ignoring mirror for foundation and putting it on with a brush a lot easier than trying sponges etc (like you are apparently supposed to for liquid foundation)
cfedsas

Post by cfedsas »

Thank you for the helpful tips!
RakeshSingh

Post by RakeshSingh »

Hi! Any update?