PIP

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

bongoblue
New member - welcome them!

PIP

Post by bongoblue »

Does anyone get PIP? It seems kind of unlikely I would. But the same time the dyspraxia affects my life and living. Its fairly little things but I'm a student nurse and i get DSA and it got me thinking if I could claim that as well. One of the major things is it causes me to tire easy so would I be able to do fewer hours and the money to make up for it.
Like if I wasn't dyspraxic I'd probably be able to work a part-time job alongside
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: PIP

Post by Tom fod »

bongoblue wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:41 pm Does anyone get PIP? It seems kind of unlikely I would. But the same time the dyspraxia affects my life and living. Its fairly little things but I'm a student nurse and i get DSA and it got me thinking if I could claim that as well. One of the major things is it causes me to tire easy so would I be able to do fewer hours and the money to make up for it.
Like if I wasn't dyspraxic I'd probably be able to work a part-time job alongside
Hi and welcome

It very much depends on the severity of your Dyspraxia and any co-occurring conditions you might have and the impact that they have on your ability to perform what would be considered 'normal day to day' activity.

In terms of determining eligibility it's not easy and the DWP tend to refuse everyone on first attempt so it is recommended that you appeal. The whole process including getting a review of the decision can take months.

I found this factsheet from CarersUK
https://www.carersuk.org/images/Persona ... ersion.pdf
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
bookworm
Getting settled in

Re: PIP

Post by bookworm »

I'm appealing for PIP at the moment.