Hair

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Wish90
Getting settled in

Hair

Post by Wish90 »

Hi everyone,
Just want to know if this is a dyspraxic thing really... does anyone else absolutely hate having their hair down?? I really can't cope with it. I just don't feel right unless my hair is back off my face and my family just don't get it.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hair

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Sensory sensitivities definitely do seem to be a thing for quite a number of us. I'm a guy so can fortunately get away with having a crewcut. I'm now supposed to wear glasses for VDU work and must admit I'm still getting used to this. I can be picky about certain materials next to my skin and generally insist on 100% cotton. There are also certain flavours /food textures I will avoid like the plague.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

It’s been a very long time since I had my eye in my eyes and that isn’t simply thanks to short haircuts. I’ve been thinning out ever since I got into my 20s.

Now I’m heading towards my 40s.. have very little left on top 🤣
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
HorseCar
New member - welcome them!

Post by HorseCar »

I also like short haircuts. They save me a lot of time and nerves
accidentaljosh
New member - welcome them!

Post by accidentaljosh »

I love having my hair down while I still have them. I have alopecia, and parts of my hair just say goodbye to me occasionally. And I want to enjoy the hair I still have while I can.
I apply treatment, but it does not help, and I lose my hair anyway. I hope that one day I will have enough money to make a qualitative hair transplant procedure at https://goo.gl/maps/iS5HPMLozPDjZxrJ7. Maybe it will help me to keep some kind of general look. I don’t necessarily want long hair, but some hair would be nice. Hope I will not go bald entirely in the following few years.