Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Wish90
Getting settled in

Re: Looking after a house!

Post by Wish90 »

Carlyr wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:45 pm
My bf keeps say if you tide up as you go it would not get in a mess. Easyer said than done x
Yes exactly i keep saying that to my family and friends!! They just don't get it!! :@

Ar55
New member - welcome them!

Post by Ar55 »

OMG! I know why is it so difficult!! I loathe it.
    Laundry dishes cooking blah blah!
    I feel I am always failing. I have never been dirty just cluttered.
    I find it very difficult to maintain neatness consistently
    It’s wxjausting. I work full time no kids and I dig.
    My hubby is amazing and helps a lot but he gets frustrated at my lack of motivation when it comes to keeping up with the house.
    And duh! Yes it would be easier if I would clean as I go and I would if I could wrap my brain around that concept!

Madiocre

Post by Madiocre »

I've been finding gathering everything that's out of place onto the lounge then sorting it and packing away helps, seems a bit less overwhelming and the house overall looks tidier more quickly. For washing up , hanging out etc I need to spend time sorting stuff first otherwise I feel like I don't get anywhere.

Nosilah

Post by Nosilah »

I moved into a small caravan once and it was easy to just reach out and put things back without moving rather than just putting it down. My OCD friend was shocked by how tidy it was
    It takes me ages to think out a simplified system--I wonder if there is a list of dyspraxic household tips somewhere.I use a tumble drier as I can't keep track of washing drying and keep socks together. I tend to keep things in a pile,'box or Ikea bag.
    At the end of a tidy up miscellaneous things end up in a box together.

LesleySM

Post by LesleySM »

I'm terrible and since I have been on my own and now covid-19 means no one is coming round it has got ridiculous . Put it this way I have a gas safety check next Monday and I just booked Friday off to give me 3 days to sort the kitchen floor out!