Dyspraxia And Clothing Coordination?

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

lizzie1991
Getting settled in

Dyspraxia And Clothing Coordination?

Post by lizzie1991 »

Hello everyone, does anyone else here have problems with clothing and coordination? For me I find socks hard to put on unless I am sat down. I find that I can't coordinate my socks very well because when I put them on they are not how they should be like the bit that is on the back of the foot ends up on the inner part of foot. It takes a while to put them on how they should be worn and to be honest most the time can't be bothered to correct it.

When I was younger there are a few school photos where one sock is up my trousers and the other one isn't showing. These days I struggle to put certain trousers on neatly and keep them how they should be, for example my lower legs end up with the seem twisted to my shins and not worn straight like they should be.
ettiedundee
New member - welcome them!

Re: Dyspraxia And Clothing Coordination?

Post by ettiedundee »

I've been experiencing something similar, but I had such issue due to sleep problems. Due to the fact that I often had a stuffy nose, I did not sleep well and had a very unconcentrated thoughout the day. I could forget to put on socks, or put on a T-shirt back and forth, and also, very often, when I get out of bed, I get dizzy and I have the feeling that the pressure is increasing. As for clothes, I found a solution for myself. I started buying techwear, for example [url removed] The main sense of it is that if you take T-shirts, then there is a huge pattern on the front, and nothing on the back, and thus it is very difficult to confuse the sides. The situation is very similar with other clothes.
Last edited by Tom fod on Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of url to commercial site offering stolen or counterfeiters goods
shikhakim
New member - welcome them!

Re: Dyspraxia And Clothing Coordination?

Post by shikhakim »

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's really interesting to hear how sleep problems can impact things like clothing coordination throughout the day. That idea of having a clear pattern on the front of T-shirts is genius – it's a smart way to simplify things and make sure everything's in the right place.

By the way, if you're ever looking to update your wardrobe or find some creative solutions, you might want to check out [Advertising link removed by Admin]. They've got some great options that could fit well with your preferences. Wishing you all the best on your clothing coordination journey!
Last edited by Tom fod on Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forum rules Breach! No Advertsing without prior permission!