Answering the phone?

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

HelenJ
Getting settled in

Re: Answering the phone?

Post by HelenJ »

Yes! I hate answering the phone unless I'm absolutely sure I know who it is. I worked in call centres for 16 years and mostly hated it because I didn't like answering the phone - bit of a drawback, but it was so hard to find a simple office job. People see your CV and think it's all you can do.

I'm in an office/admin job now where I don't answer the phone or make calls very often. When I do, I feel like everyone is listening and waiting for me to say something stupid. It's the unpredictability of other people that makes it so hard I think. At least with an email you can take your time to read it properly.
Jim
Super poster

Re: Answering the phone?

Post by Jim »

HelenJ wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:55 amI'm in an office/admin job now where I don't answer the phone or make calls very often. When I do, I feel like everyone is listening and waiting for me to say something stupid. It's the unpredictability of other people that makes it so hard I think. At least with an email you can take your time to read it properly.
I find it’s usually the person on the other side of the phone saying something stupid #-o like you say, it’s the unpredictability of it all. I honestly think that about 80% of my incoming calls at work reach far too high on the dimwit scale. I actually find it very tiring and it never ceases to amaze me how some people manage to over complicate the simplest of things.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle: