You know you're dyspraxic when

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

lauraj
Getting settled in

Post by lauraj »

I ALWAYS forget where i put things im terrible.

when i moved into my new house i had to put a box of stuff in the garage so i didn't clutter up the house. My partner told me to thow it all away coz i would never use any of it. I argued that I would use it and would not throw any of it away.
Anyway, that was 2 years ago and i found the box the other day, forgot it was even there #-o

The other day I offered to take part in a market research scheme. I had to sit in an office with 5 other people. When I got up to leave I couldn't find my bag, i started to panick and everyone got out of their seats to help me look. Then I remembered I didn't even have a bag with me, was so embarrassed they must have thought i was an idiot :blush:
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

In the past week i: Tripped over and cut my face, damaged my toe (now shure what i've done to that but the knuckly bit is grown quite a bit), and then yesterday, i was playing the clarinet in a spring concert. There were vases of daffodils in front of the stage, and as i stepped up onto the stage i tripped, knocked over the vase of flowers, the water spilled everywhere till someone else noticed it), and in the process of tripping banged my clarinet on the stage and bent a key. This meant it wouldnt play certain notes, but i didnt realise what had happened till we'd started our set, nd ended up just pretending for most of it. Think i've fixed it now though luckily!
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

open the door, and kick it with your foot while not wearing anything on your feet! OOOOOOOuch!
rhyds
Regular Poster

Post by rhyds »

You know your dyspraxic when you've tidied your room, spending hours doing it, and within 45 mins, it's back to how it was.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

rhyds, your lucky, usually it is back to the way it was in 5 minutes with me, usually because I think I will look for something while I remember!
robyn

Post by robyn »

i just whacked my head of a door frame as i was turning round, my head has a massive lump and my nose is gushing of blood!!!! so predictable! it better stop soon cause there no way i can go to a&e and tell them i walked into a door!!!
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

Jeez Robyn!! U ok now? :S
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

rhyds
Regular Poster

Post by rhyds »

If it doesn't stop I would suggest getting yourself down to A&E pronto, just in case it's a bit more complicated than you thought.

back on topic: You know your dyspraxic when you manage to muck-up some minor paintwork on your car and break a plate within the space of 3 hours.
robyn

Post by robyn »

yeah Im fine now, cheers, just sore and bruised. Im the only person at my work who goes in with bruises (rather than coming out with them), normally when you ask where someone got injured its from a kid, but mine are allways from clumsiness
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

If it makes u feel better, I did some good damage to my own nose last week #-o I don't think it can be broken cause I haven't blacked my eyes, but it hurts like hell and is so swollen that u cant see a scar on my nose that I did a few years ago when I ran into a window! (thats another story tho....)

I got a temp job last week and I always bruise myself even more than usual when I get a new job, so I have been admiring some lovely ones on my hands for the last few days!
Glad ur better than u were now :)

quackstar84
Regular Poster

Post by quackstar84 »

You know you're dyspraxic when: you do a 1080 barrel roll.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

You know you're dyspraxic when you drop things accidentally in your placement, but its not just dropeed, it slips out of your hand as though you forgot yo uwrhe holding it (happened to me the other day) You also know you're dyspraxic when you are trying to do a 3 point turn on your driving lesson and can't remember which way you have to turn the wheel next.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

You know you're dyspraxic when you start learning to drive when you're 18 and it takes you until 28 to actually pass - as I have done today :) Am seriously chuffed :D
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

Yay Dan!!! Well done mate! Congrats :bumps:

Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Congratulations... I hope you have many hours of safe pleasureable driving in the car....
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...