You know you're dyspraxic when

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Andrea
Getting settled in

Re: You know you're dyspraxic when

Post by Andrea »

You know youre dyspraxic when you reach out to stroke the cat, forget you are holding youre tablet and drop it on your lip. Now have ice pack on it. Really hope this swelling goes down before work tomorrow!
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

. . . you set fire to paper napkin on candle at table in restaurant.

Fortunately I was able to beat flames out with a spoon and save fire brigade the job!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
desertboy
Getting settled in

Post by desertboy »

You're in a job that you're ridiculously overqualified for, but your boss writes on your appraisal, "He tries hard but his job performance is unsatisfactory."
yvonnel
Getting settled in

Post by yvonnel »

You unlock the office door and somehow manage to miss the handle when trying to open the door and the door slams shut . Your colleague whose inside says how did you manage that
Emm
New member - welcome them!

Post by Emm »

you no when your dypsraxic when you

miss judge the kerb and go flying onto the floor
looked everywhere for your keys but someone else finds them in in the place you looked first.
put trousers on back to front and inside out
and nocking everything flying on the floor

#-o
loyejdmpw

Post by loyejdmpw »

Andrea wrote:You know youre dyspraxic when you reach out to stroke the cat, forget you are holding youre tablet and drop it on your lip. Now have ice pack on it. Really hope this swelling goes down before work tomorrow!
Good idea!
hmarsh

Post by hmarsh »

I love this page!!
lauraECFan
Power poster

Post by lauraECFan »

You know your dyspraxic when you know the cat is on the pillow next to you yet when you turn around you jump out your skin
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
Live for today :)
if you have a dream chase it catch it and never let go of it
Gina Trent
Getting settled in

Re:

Post by Gina Trent »

Ruth wrote:You buy lunch in the canteen and get evarything all alright. tray of food to table nothing lost etc and them you accidentally sit down in a strange mans lap! No really aaaarrrggghhh :blush:
Though that was funny :lol: when I was at school, I was walking to the car park to wait for my dad to pick me up, and I thought I saw him, so I opened the passenger door of the car and sat down and said "hi dad" then quickly realised it wasn't my dad, and then my dad shouted "over here", and I said oooo sorry, and the man said, "it's ok" and sort of laughed (so did I) feeling very embarrased #-o. The best part about it is that the car wasn't even the same type as my dads :p ....
Gina Trent
Getting settled in

Post by Gina Trent »

You know you're dyspraxic when you come across some shallow steps in the middle of town, and just fall down them! I felt a right twit...or when you come to a curb thinking you need to step down, but its a flat surface, then you end up stomping and nearly fall over and then look round to see if anyone was there...once at school I was running downstairs and decided to jump the last two steps, but ended up loosing my balance and falling on my ancles. It was so humiliating! All the other kids just laughed and walked off and left me :blush: ...running into a concervatory door thinking it was wide open, but it wasn't. Ouch, that hurt my nose lol...I could go on...
shadowgirl021
Regular Poster

Post by shadowgirl021 »

I also love this post, its very therapeutic to look at the once stressed situation and write it down and actually laugh.

I sleep in my day clothes at times so I woke up and changed my top but not trousers and underwear. Did not realise this so made my way to work. Before exiting my flat, I got trapped for a minute in the lift. Was outside then realised that I had not changed my bottom half of my outfit so went back to my flat using the stairs. Went in to get changed, went back out then in again because I forgot some paperwork. Left my purse on the bannister, forgot it was open and money spilled everywhere. Finally went back to the lift, started thinking "I can not use the lift" but went in there anyway, pressed the button to take me down then realised my mistake.

This was actually good, because I was not late for work so yay :grin:
Andrea
Getting settled in

Post by Andrea »

You know you're Dyspraxic when

You go for your basic training on a motorbike, get asked to take it off the center stand and manage to drop the bike. OOPs.
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

You know you're Dyspraxic when;

You accidentally whack someone whilst hailing a bus.

Mind you.. if you're going to walk behind and between a person standing towards the edge of the pavement looking towards a bus, and the said bus drawing nearer... then what the ruddy hell do you expect?

Why can't people use some sense, and consideration when using pathways etc? Supermarkets are the absolute worse for people getting in peoples way.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
Groentje

Post by Groentje »

you know you are dyspraxic when you got stuck in toilets many times because you were unable to figure out how the lock worked and someone has to come and rescue you with a ladder and is able to open the door in a second
you know you are dyspraxic when learning how to kajak you got stuck at the middle of the lake rotating in circles and someone as to come and rescue you because you are unable to figure out how to kajak
you know you are dyspraxic when you loose you ID right before having to board onto a plane (you probably dropped it in the garbage bin together with your napkin)
you know you are dyspraxic when your food doesn't reach its desired destiny, namely your mouth
you know you are dyspraxic when you don't understand how the coffee machine works and when you finally do get it you trop the coffee pot breaking it in million pieces
bookish
Getting settled in

Post by bookish »

You only notice that you're wearing your dress backwards half way through your work day.