You know you're dyspraxic when

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ruth
Power poster

You know you're dyspraxic when

Post by Ruth »

oooh oooh can we have this one too?

You know you're dyspraxic when you loose your purse twice in one week! You get lost on campus where you've been studying for 2 years. You forget all your computer passwords and so can't do any work eventhough there is a big peice due in on Monday! You forget to buy bread so there's nothing for breakfast. O:) yay!
monkey
Getting settled in

Post by monkey »

you know your dsypraxic when you come acrose and freid you new 2 years ago (befor you were diagnosed) and you tell her your a brides maid and her responce is that are no doors or polls to walk into down the ile and the ile is nice and wide so aslong as you concentrait realy hard on each step you take you should be fine.
mr_mallow
Getting settled in

Post by mr_mallow »

You know your dyspraxic when even doctors can't read your hand-writing!
arthmelow
Regular Poster

Post by arthmelow »

When a customer calls and a customer enters the door at the same time and you ask them to hold and you forget they're on hold until its too late and suddenly this lady is shouting and swearing at you on the phone...

Oh, and when people constantly get irritated that I watch every tv programme and dvd with subtitles... Or when I have to say "pardon"
for the 5th time in a normal conversation in a cafe...

Oh, and when the 3rd person makes a comment that you've bumped into them on the bus but you can't seem to hold on when the driver is so aggressive with their accelerator and brake pedals...

And the final one: when the scariest thing ever is to eat in front of people
you're trying to impress ( eg boyfriend's parents, new boss etc )... I find myself veering away from anything that could cause accidents in a restaurant, but when they cook for you you're a bit stuck...
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

You know you're dyspraxic when you're leaving a restaurant and you have to go to the doorway before attempting to put on your coat, so as to avoid hitting people in the face, or knocking over a candle on one of the tables and setting the restaurant on fire!
countdarcy
New member - welcome them!

you know you are dyspraxic when

Post by countdarcy »

You stumble into an internet cafe order cofee from the self service counter and the owner of the cafe carries to the table for you!!
(am i bothered!)
love alex
Fr.alex gowing-cumber
Adult advisor dyspraxia foundation
SomeT
Regular Poster

Post by SomeT »

When you cook a meal after loads preparation, concentration and hard work which is when your dyspraxic, and you drop it on yourself. Also I hate it to when I forget all my computer passwords at work, I have about 3 or 4 passwords to remember all the time plus door code, lol
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

you kanow you're Dyspraxic when

you compile a lsit of Dyspraxic traits that effect you and It's really hard to fitit all on 1 side of paper!
Danni
Getting settled in

Post by Danni »

When you go to college and-

You walk into the door you just opened, trip over your bag and just stumble over your feet!
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

You buy lunch in the canteen and get evarything all alright. tray of food to table nothing lost etc and them you accidentally sit down in a strange mans lap! No really aaaarrrggghhh :blush:
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

You know you're dyspraxic when... you drop money on the bus, have you move your place in the waiting room because you can't stand the proximity of other people, almost walk into the wrong room at the hospital because you can't follow basic instructions, forget what you wanted to say and are then told by the neuro-psychologist that he doesn't want to give you a 'label' such a dyspraxia. ](*,)
Snjstar
Regular Poster

Post by Snjstar »

When you take 15 minutes trying to thread a needle and then ask for help!
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

You know you're dyspraxic when... you drop money on the bus, have you move your place in the waiting room because you can't stand the proximity of other people, almost walk into the wrong room at the hospital because you can't follow basic instructions, forget what you wanted to say and are then told by the neuro-psychologist that he doesn't want to give you a 'label' such a dyspraxia.

Best one yet I reckon!

Oh it was supposed to do the thing where it has a line around it and you know it's from arother post. How do you do that?
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Click the 'quote' button on the post you want to appear in your message and it will automatically be copied into the text box for you to compose your reply around.
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

[quote][/quote]

Like this? Ok not like that I'll try again