Bumping into things and anger

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

atlantis
New member - welcome them!

Bumping into things and anger

Post by atlantis »

Hello my name is Marisa and this is my first time posting. I am 28 and have dyspraxia. I have a habit of walking into things a lot and hurting my toes or arms or hips and I often have a lot of bruises on me that I cannot remember what caused them. For some reason when I hit my toes it triggers this massive emotional outburst from me. I go from 0 to 100 in a second and am torn between bursting into tears and launching into a massive rage and throwing things around. I usually bellow in rage and scare the daylights out of my husband and then I'll start sobbing. What makes me mad is I do not see the collision coming, so it startles me, and then the pain hits me. I always get something jammed between two toes like a bed leg or a chair leg or a door or something. How can I stop having these rages? It's really hard for me because the reaction is so instant. I think I am more mad at myself then I am reacting to the pain. I want to be able to not bump into things but that might be impossible with my disability. I think I need to be a little more forgiving toward myself. I get mad when I'm in the pool and I try to swim properly but I can't master the strokes. I need to be more patient. But it's hard. How can I handle my disability better?

Thank you,
Marisa
Jim
Super poster

Re: Bumping into things and anger

Post by Jim »

You can swim? Well done you, I never got the slightest hang of that.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
maria
Regular Poster

Re: Bumping into things and anger

Post by maria »

Mightn't be very comfortable, atlantis, but try wearing flat shoes inside the house instead of slippers, to protect your feet. I love walking around the home in my bare feet instead of slippers in summer, but *sigh* it's not always a good idea... ](*,)