Chef de Cuisine

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Carlylou
New member - welcome them!

Re: Chef de Cuisine

Post by Carlylou »

I am not a bad cook I make a mess (I have also tiped spaghetti in the sink) it takes me a long time as I forgot thinks and lose track of what I am doing xx
Carlylou

Post by Carlylou »

I am not a bad cook I make a mess (I have also tiped spaghetti in the sink) it takes me a long time as I forgot thinks and lose track of what I am doing xx
Nosilah

Post by Nosilah »

I tend to do 1 pot meals as i don;t have the patience to watch all the different pans and co-ordinate.
My leek and potato soup is equal amounts of potato and leek, perhaps a few lentils(thickens up) water,salt and pepper,garlic. Can add yoghurt etc if you like or grated cheese on top. Can mash with a potato masher.
Also ratatoille with equal aubergine,corguettes,peppers,onions,tomatoes, can have a tin of butter beans or broad beans or grated cheese on top, Have very little or no water but a lot of tomato pure from a tube or a jar .
Other soups just cut up any veg that may be going off,lentils or tin of kidney beans and add stock cubes or miso . Usually need onions and garlic. Can turn this into curry by adding powder ,paste or jar of flavoured curry sauce. rice (micro wave type?) and yoghurt.
Roast is easy with instant gravy and dried sossmix. Boil potatoes a bit before putting in the hot fat in the oven and make sure shallow fat is hot in the baking tray first and spooned on top of them. Can cut really small and put in oven with a chicken leg or prpacked meat that only takes half an hour. Boil veg on top of stove ---can turn down low or off with lids or plate on top and reheat when the stuff in the oven is ready.
LesleySM

Post by LesleySM »

Now that sounds nice!
MelSheba

Post by MelSheba »

I’ve been cooking since I was little and I beyond enjoy creating cakes. I’m actually very good at it. That being said whilst I have a talent for flavour and texture and I’m very creative, I also cut and burn myself so often I’ve stopped caring. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing and only tend to injuries after. If I stopped every time I hurt myself in the kitchen I’d never finish anything!