Clothing that you hate

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Skifflet
Getting settled in

Re: Clothing that you hate

Post by Skifflet »

I'm the same with some wooly things and lots of other textures- my ex had a soft woolen jumper she liked to wear and I couldn't stand the texture of it. When I hugged her, I pulled my own sleeves over my hands so I wouldn't touch the wool at all. Some textures you get on sofas are disgusting to me too, no idea what it's called, but it seems smooth stroking it one way (which is a pretty gross texture) and spiky stroking the other way (which is just- ugh, no. Bad). I find if I've touched a texture that really bothers me, I have to rapidly rub my fingers against my thumbs for a while to make it feel ok again- the same thing I tend to do when I'm really exctited about something. I end up doing that finger-stimming thing a lot when I'm shopping for clothes because of all the different textures. I also hate anything touching my neck- I've cut a few t-shirts into v-necks because of this. On the clumsiness side, I think I'm just a bit slower than most to tackle laces and buttons (and more likely to put things through the wrong holes).
Willr0490
Power poster

Post by Willr0490 »

I dislike polo shirts because of the rough texture of fabric used.
calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Post by calumfsinclair »

I can't stand shirts that are new out the packet, anything with 'hard' labels and wooly jumpers that are particularly scratching. Oh and anything too clingy or too loose, I don't throw clothes away I just stretch them to a perfect size!
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

I hate labels on clothes I always cut them out as they rub my neck.
Willr0490
Power poster

Post by Willr0490 »

I also dislike wearing bow ties because I cannot fasten them - the last time i wore one (which was last month) I had to get someone to fasten it for me.
LuluBoo
Getting settled in

Post by LuluBoo »

I hate raincoats because of the 'scratchy' noise
I struggle with laces and buttons
zips I'm ok with though
lauraECFan
Power poster

Post by lauraECFan »

only clothing i hate and would refuse point blank to wear is any real animal fur and reptile skins
Animal lover forever
Bookworm forever
Live for today :)
if you have a dream chase it catch it and never let go of it
Mopps
Getting settled in

Post by Mopps »

I have been reading the replys to clothing that you hate and I see there are others like my self. I hate tight clothing and can't wear nylon tights ata all. I have cotton tights I wear in the winter time and in the summer and please don't laugh at me but I wear short socks. I hate wearing trousers or jeans I like skirts or dresses. At the moment I have malinka skirt which is my faviourit one and wear it with a blouse cardigin thing they are attached togther and it has buttons down the front they don't open though which is great cause I qhave problems with buttons does any other Dyspraxic have problems with buttons getting them buttoned up wrong all the time? It is a cotton out fit and I just love cotton too like some of you. It is easy to wash. I do ironing and domestic work and so at the end of the day I just throwing it into the washing machinę and in half an hour it is washed and then I dry it ready for me to put on the next day. It saves me lots of work if I stick to the one item to wear most of the time and this is a favurit one as I said before. Easy to wear wash and dry too. I also hate wool oh the feel of it next to my skin is dreadful makes me iTVN so much. Once when I was small my mother made me an Orange dressing gown I have it as it was a course material and it made me scratch and ich too. And also I hate Orange and won't wear any clothes that are that colour. I remember I hardly ever wore the dressing gown which must have upset my mother as she did spend a lot of time making it for me.
Does anyone else like to wear a favourite item of clothing a lot? Another reason I do is that I don't have to think what will I wear today raking around my wardrobe . I just have to get up and my clothes are clean and ready waiting for me great stuff.

Mopps
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I love colorful clothing - have allays found the most colourefull cloths in the store and gone for them.
I am really getting into my tye dye cloths (takes colour to another level) as well as some more 'alternative' cloths and things that cant be found on the high street but that's another topic :banana:

I don't have cloths that I hate nessarley but there are things that arnt me at all and cloths that I will wear to keep cool in the summer as I hate to over heat.
The real Mr Potato Head
Clumsy_Not_Careless
Getting settled in

Post by Clumsy_Not_Careless »

Certain materials can really bug me like nylon or anything like lycra and clothes that are tight-fitting. But I wonder if that's because I'm very self-concious of my figure more than it being a dyspraxic thing.
pouvik
Regular Poster

Post by pouvik »

labels is one of my peeves also I need to wear baggy clothes hate things that are too tight ...
Robert Scotland
Getting settled in

Post by Robert Scotland »

I don't like stuff to tight on my neck like certain shirts or polo shirts. I also don't like wearing normal socks because I hate the felling of them on my toe nails I have to wear sport socks or thick socks.
Jake468
Getting settled in

Post by Jake468 »

Haven't tied my shoelaces for years, I just leave them tucked under and slip them on every day.
And I hate buttons, whoever invented button flies is one sadistic individual.
Matt1988
Getting settled in

Post by Matt1988 »

Shoes because tying them and remembering how to tie them is a nightmare. Ties for the same reason. Socks because I always end up with one sock on and one off. I don't know how it happens but I put two socks on and always end up pulling one off, I just don't know when. I can't stand long sleeves that are loose around the hand bit and they kind of flop about on your wrist. I am constantly having to roll my sleeves up above my elbows because of this. If I have sleeves on my wrist they have to be tight. Clothes that are either too baggy or too tight
Simon
Getting settled in

Post by Simon »

I also can't stand wool, because of the itching.
I can't wear flip flops because I can't stand anything in between my toes.
I don't own a tie, have never worn one.
I don't own a lot of buttoned shirts, only wear them for very special occasions like a wedding.
Even when I apply for a job I'm wearing a tshirt because that's what I'll be wearing on a daily basis.
I don't really care about the way I look as long as the colors match, everything's fine :)
Can't stand pants high up my waste, covering my stomach (I will always push pants down below my hipbone and have done this for as long as I can remember)
I don't like the smell of new clothes i will never wear anything that hasn't been washed first.

I prefer cotton clothing that's loose and comfortable
I like board/skate wear because of the baggy fit I guess, leave my shoes untied or slip in and out tied shoes.
Time is something that may change me, but I can't change time so f*** it.