Clothing that you hate

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Grackle
Regular Poster

Clothing that you hate

Post by Grackle »

So what kind or item of clothing do you hate or struggle with?

Doing up small buttons is sometimes more than I can handle in the morning so I leave the buttons done up on my shirts and then just pull them over my head.
I had a coat that went down to my knees and I had to drag it up to try and do up the zipper. Eventually the zipper ripped out of one half of the coat - oops. Now I have a different coat.
agsiul
Power poster

Re: Clothing that you hate

Post by agsiul »

I do the same thing with the buttons on shirts. Much handier. Just open the top button to get my head through. It's the texture of clothes that I hate. I can't wear a lot of synthetic material. When I was a kid nylon next to my skin would give me a rash. I can't wear wool and yet every year my mother would give me something made of wool and say something stupid like. I know you can't wear it but....translation: I know you're only saying to get attention. rough materials are the same. I love to get second hand cothes from my firend because she has similar issues and has the clothes broken in before I get them. I love cotton. hate ironing it but love to wear it. love fleece and discovered brilliant thermals made of merino wool that is absolutely brilliant.
Iame
Getting settled in

Post by Iame »

Depends for me, some days are ok soe aren't. My gf has a laugh usually when I'm trying to dry myself off from a shower and putting on my shorts and socks. She says I'm like a clown, so at least she gets a laugh, lol. I usually end up falling into things, onto the bed, into the wardrobe, onto the dog even if she's there, or lying on the bed poor girl.

I hate things too tight, except certain things. If I have to wear a shirt and tie I have to have it tight on my neck. I dont like it flappy and looking too big on me, so I even wear a smaller neck sometimes as some shirts do differ a bit sizing ways, but tight, I like to feel it tight for some reason and I like my ties to be shiney, stripy and smooth or silky to feel them, and I tend to rub my fingers or lips on them alot :0 I know I'm a freak.

I dont like things like wool direct onto my skin, and I even hate putting on cold clothes. I'm not too bad once I shower but my GOD I broke my ankle in two places once n had to live by washes at first n I hated everything about everything I wore. I HAVE to be clean from head to toe, I cannot put clothes on and feel 'normal' if I dont have a full shower. In the end I used two plastic bin liners each time I showered everyday and I went through loads. I used to put my leg in and tape it just above the cast, then to make extra sure, I'd tape another one up, just above my knee so I could shower. I know I must sound like a right nutter but I'm not, lol.

Recently I've moved home and have been trying to paint and I hate to do it but I have put my painting clothes on before a shower and then shower when it's all done and it makes me feel horrible all the time I'm doing it...Hence now I am just painting in my boxers today n yesterday, lmao then I will shower if I have to go out or wait til I've done the painting then shower and get dressed lol. Makes it time consuming really but I just cant do it.

Does anyone else get like this or is it just me? Please....anyone??
abby
Getting settled in

Post by abby »

i hate some textures, but its kinda hard to describe. i hate hoodies, and jumpers i have to put over my head. i have enough difficulties getting a t shirt on in the morning, but if its a jumper, i have to keep taking it on and off, and i really struggle with that, its worse if its bulky.
you cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails.
Grackle
Regular Poster

Post by Grackle »

socks - I forgot to mention them. I hate socks particularly if they are tight or too short. In the summer, I don't wear them but since I live in Canada, they are pretty necessary in the winter.

PS: You don't sound like a nutter iame
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I say Embrace your inner weirdo :lol: Socks...I know....and tights....with the seams at the top [-X can only wear tights once and they're shredded..I'm not talking a little hole. I'm talking shredded and they have to go in the bin! God I hate having things tight around my neck....would never wear a polo neck or any other thing that that I would find constricting. When I paint I don't bother getting dressed. Do it in pjs and then can have the shower after or do it in my painting clothes but won't bother changing if I have to go out...regularlly go out covered in paint. A friend of mine rang me once and asked to meet me for lunch. I told her I was covered in paint only she didn't believe me and insisted it would be fine....you should have seen her face when I turned up :lol: we should have a rolling around the floor face!
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

I can't bear tight clothing, I hate anything restricting me. I love soft fabrics like jersey.I hate bulky clothes too. I like to be comfy and loose! I change straight into a hoodie and pj bottoms as soon as I get home.
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

I often spend the day in pjs....we problems with the water here at Christmas so couldn't use the shower so spent half the time in pjs...it was great.
Quentin
New member - welcome them!

Post by Quentin »

I dont like things like wool direct onto my skin, and I even hate putting on cold clothes. I'm not too bad once I shower but my GOD I broke my ankle in two places once n had to live by washes at first n I hated everything about everything I wore.
shakey
Getting settled in

Post by shakey »

So much sounds so familiar here.
I can't stand wool, can't stand tights at all, so I have to wear socks all the time - I'm really sensitive to cold so I can't stand bear legs unless it's about 30 deg C + outside! Can't stand lacy underwear either or anything else with lace. I'm so glad to hear others saying about the cold clothes thing!
I hate anything tight, polo necks seem to give me headaches. Tight stuff across my tummy makes my IBS really bad & I feel so uncomfortable with it.
I remember struggling with zips when I was younger though, don't have too many small buttons nowadays as I mostly wear tops without them.

My 7 year old (who may have dyspraxia and / or Aspergers) hates ties, anything tight around his neck. He's been wearing his tie to school through the winter, but when I told him yesterday morning that he didn't need to wear a tie for this term he was so relieved!! :banana: He also dislikes wool & scratchy clothes, socks (get taken off & deposited all around the house) and tight pants (fortunately he doesn't discard them all over the place when he gets home from school!!!! ). He also can't do his coat zip, school tie, shoe laces, and often asks for help with the top button.

Iame: It sounds a bit like an OCD with the cleanliness thing. My Mum has it pretty bad like that. I have it a bit with my hands, I can't stand the feeling of having dirty hands & doing tasks in the kitchen etc (not as in really dirty, cos I'm fine doing the gardening & cooking etc) but before I can go on to do anything else I have to clean my hands. I wash them so often in the day I have really dry skin, everytime I've touched something else & go back to the kitchen I feel like I have to wash them again & I sometimes have to tell myself, I've only put a piece of paper away so I really don't need to wash them again, but it can be really hard to convince myself sometimes not to wash them!
BeatrixPlotter
Getting settled in

Post by BeatrixPlotter »

I'm so glad other people have mentioned tights!! I can't wear them at all, the feeling of them makes feel sick. Bleugh. Used to be a few fights over that with my mum as a kid...

I'm terrible about jeans too. I've only got one pair at the minute that I can wear comfortably, the rest I own are awful and scratchy to me, ugh. I think something must have been changed in the way denim's produced recently, because softer jeans are next to impossible to find now. It's kind of a bummer when it's all I wear!
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I don't have too many issues with texture or buttons. But I have a large aversion to "fashion" and often thanks to a slightly weird body proportion, things simply don't fit me well.

I very rarely look smartly turned out.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I have a few issues with textures and don't like getting too warm as makes eczema worse.

I'm anti-fashion too I prefer my clothes to be practical and functional though the amount of pockets can lead to confusion/panic when I misplace my phone or wallet.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Jdeadevil
New member - welcome them!

Post by Jdeadevil »

You know what I hate? When hooded tops go all itchy and weird when you wash them too many times. I used to love them, but they go itchy and it annoys me. I could wear a normal T-shirt underneath but then I feel like I'm wearing a shirt that's too small for me and physically functioning is kinda difficult. xD
Tim G
Super poster

Post by Tim G »

I hate anything that makes me get hot - I overheat easley so in the summer I tend to live in loose fitting cotten type clothing and sandles when I can.
I am fine with jenes and hoodies - when its not hot thats all I seam to were.

Fashion wize at the minuet its all really anoying, I dont get it at all :S. I have never been one for fashion anyway - I just ware what i like which is often the most clourefull thing I can find.
The real Mr Potato Head