Clothing that you hate

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

DanTheOutlaw
Getting settled in

Re: Clothing that you hate

Post by DanTheOutlaw »

I can't do ties and I on occasion mess buttons up when I wear button up shirts, my shoe laces come undone more frequently than they're probably supposed too most of the time as well.

I remember my school days where I'd get entangled in a high vis jacket when we were getting changed for sports and another student would come and rescue me, essentially dressing me. I was in this situation again recently where I couldn't properly put a high vis jacket on and had to get assistance, I hate it.
HelenJ
Getting settled in

Post by HelenJ »

I don't like anything tight around my neck, and I detest wearing tights as I struggle to get them on and they are the most uncomfortable things ever. Therefore I don't wear dresses or skirts very often.

Whoever invented the bra was crazy - trying to do up those little hooks is bad enough but when they're behind your back?! I much prefer a comfy cotton vest top.

I also hate wearing clothes with buttons on. Not that I struggle to do them up, I just have this weird aversion to them on clothes. It caused a bit of an issue when I had a job where I had to wear a white shirt as part of the uniform but most of the day I wore a hoody or a fleece zip-up jacket over the top.
Wish90
Getting settled in

Post by Wish90 »

I hate tight things around my waist like tight leggings, but equally hate any trousers that are too low, like on my hips. I also don't like labels. Sleeves on clothes annoy me. Even my glasses behind my ears drive me mad. I hate the feel of glasses on my face as well. I don't like hair bands behind my ears. I really am very oversensitive to anything. Bras also annoy me.
petrderbikov
New member - welcome them!

Post by petrderbikov »

I don't know why, but I don't like coats at all.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

emma88 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:51 pm
Grackle wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:48 am So what kind or item of clothing do you hate or struggle with?

Doing up small buttons is sometimes more than I can handle in the morning so I leave the buttons done up on my shirts and then just pull them over my head.
I had a coat that went down to my knees and I had to drag it up to try and do up the zipper. Eventually the zipper ripped out of one half of the coat - oops. Now I have a different coat. I pair my new coat with [illegal URL removed by Admin] white bohemian dress I got from this place and I am very happy.
I definitely know what you mean about those tiny buttons. I feel like I have to have a mini magnifying glass to get those done up! I also struggle with zippers, especially when I'm in a rush. I've had similar experiences with coats, but luckily I haven't had the zipper rip out yet! It can be really frustrating, especially when the coat is really long and you have to bend down just to do the zipper up.
Emma
It's concerning that you have tried to fool Admin into banning Grackle and not yourself. It has NOT worked.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)