Limits

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Limits

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

"Hey I haven't been diagnosed with Dyspraxia was diagnosed with motor delay which is similar and I have poor direction, difficulty buttening clothes fast, couldn't tie my laces until I was 11 which was embarrassing because my older sister Kim could tie her laces when she was only 4, My rythm has improved since end of last year but still find it difficult to use both or all parts of my body at the same time or even at different speeds and movements, have great difficulty maintaining a fire and making sure it doesn't go out, loss of memory with boiling eggs and frying and bowling other foods etc, don't drive, don't mow the lawn because I had difficulty doing it as a child,

In sex I have difficulty with positions- sorry needed to bring that information up because it is a big problem in life to me, have difficulty brushing my teeth properly, understanding context on postures and diagrams, estimating, lacking skills in receiving change from a shop keeper, difficulty organising my folder in adult school, don't understand measurments or distances yet, difficulty keeping my hand or ruler straight when doing maths in adult school and expected my the teacher to draw a pie chart and for e:g ( 10 boys go by bus to school so I have to bring the line from one which is the starting point to meet 10 and that is difficult because my line tends to go crucked, I at times don't understand what people mean when they tell me someting I don't know or haven't heard of and I can be very vulnerable, I can confuse someone who is being sarcastic or messing or taking the mick with someone being serious and then "I am the fool."

I find it very difficult to see the bigger picture of a problem or in a difficult situation, have been taking advantage of alot by men I admired in my past, how do you know when the right time is to be intimate with someone or kiss someone? ,guys I really like are either players or very aggressive untrustworthy lusful men, there are some words I don't understand or questions I don't understand in class when I am doing a project, report or essay, I find it a bit difficult to read maps, I don't see when I am being taking for a ride by people because they see me as kind, innocent and soft.

I just wanted to know what our and my personal rights are, and what my limits are and why????

Have you any tips on how to overcome the weaknesses I mentioned at the beggining and how to achieve my dreams and goals which are:

. Travel alone, rent accomodation away from my family, do a course in a different county or country depending on my purrpose for going there, cook for my family, have my mum trust me to mind the house and my younger sister lynne and for mum to trust me with answering the door to the right people when she is away, release my first album which includes my own songs, act and sing in a theatre, pick my own course or college, have more faith in my strenghts and abilities and appreciation for my talents, have a healthy relationship with my type of man who is in alot of ways like me, have good friends to hang out with once or twise a week. So how can I achieive this?

My talents- Singing- middling soprano and alto, acting, writing stories and lyrics, make someone smile and laugh, expressing myself and making someone understand me.

I whish I could reduce my limits which I mentioned at the begining and my other limits are; , dressing in leather pants or mini skirt or anything adventurious and very feminine and showing a bit of flesh or my figure, being questioned about my friends who are different to my mum and may be a bit depressed, expressing my sexuality, what I read, where I go when I am out, my family has very different views on sex than me, what I buy with my own money which I deserve, going for a hours in another town by bus just for the experience, traveling, what I wear including foot wear, types of careers, decisions, believes. They are my limits and lot of them are given by mum.

I am 22 by the way.

wb......

I couldn't walk until I was two and I had lack of oxygen when I was in my mothers womb which caused slight damage to my brain and the dyspraxia is the only exception as a learning disabilty and invisable disability and motor delay
:rolleyes:
Amy Conway