Dyspraxia resource application - Final Year Project

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

ionamca
New member - welcome them!

Dyspraxia resource application - Final Year Project

Post by ionamca »

Hi guys!

I am a final year student studying Computer Science at the University of Ulster. With final year comes a final year project. I have decided to focus in on creating an application for users with Dyspraxia, I felt this was important as someone with Dyspraxia.

There currently is not much out there either on the Google Play or Apple store for applications for adults with Dyspraxia. The applications that are out there require payments between £3-£49.

My main aim is to create an application to help users to improve upon their gross motor skills / gait movement and spatial awareness. Through the use of computer vision - this is the same technology used to make those old eye-toy games for the PlayStation 2 if anyone remembers them :D .

There will be a series of mini games where the user can track their own progress.

If this sounds like something that might peak your interest and you're 18+ I would be so appreciative if you could take one minute of your time and complete my user survey on suggestions for functionality / accessibility you would like to see in the app.

https://forms.gle/XP6tzNmuEsGPk5af6

Responses will be recorded anonymously and I can only see response answers - not who filled out the survey as it is Google forms that holds all that information!

Any questions please feel free to PM me on here.

Thank you!

-Iona :)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxia resource application - Final Year Project

Post by Tom fod »

gf044279 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:21 am Hi there! Your final year project on a Dyspraxia resource application sounds incredibly interesting and impactful. It's fantastic to see innovative solutions being developed to support individuals with Dyspraxia. I'm curious to learn more about the features and functionalities of your application. How did you approach the design and development process?

Well, if you are looking for some great project management tools, you can always rely on the software online. They even offer you some interesting features along with employee monitoring software, which can be far as good for professional purposes! To know more, click on: [Illegally posted link removed]
Another spammer removed for posting commercial and likely dodgy URL links not pre-agreed by Admin
Last edited by Tom fod on Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Admin prerogative
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)