Where are the academics

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

eoakley
Regular Poster

Where are the academics

Post by eoakley »

where is evryone at the moment i guess you all busy studying hard i am a bit bogged down with essays at the moment too but i guess it my own falt ive been out too much lately just lacking motivation but guess its the time of year or maybe you all graduated or maybe their are no other insominacs out their I am awake trying to do some more work so I can show my dyslexia tutor tomorrow

anyway good luck with all your essays too

Emma
jme
Regular Poster

Post by jme »

hey, I have TWO literature reviews for work. feeling totally bogged down in it as well and I have no idea if they are actually going to use what i wrote because well argg.......... why do they want ME to do it? lol

well just to let you know that I am lacking in motivation too. at least i can come here to procrastinate!!

edit: it didnt log me out! my message was posted first time round!! \:D/
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

"Normal refers to someone who hasn’t had enough tests!"
gomababe
Regular Poster

Post by gomababe »

Well all my December exams are over, and I just discovered that I majorly messed up on one of the exam questions. A whole hour's worth of work is most likely going to get no marks because of a minor mix up ](*,) . Hopefully that won't be the case since it's only the twoo seals i mixed up and the facts about their mating systems is more or less accurate. I guess I'll find out next semester and see how I've done.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I think several of the academics on the forum are busy with coursework and such things at the moment (at the least the ones I know are), while Christmas tends to keep everyone preoccupied too.

I'm no academic of course, or if I am only in the following sense of the word:

ac·a·dem·ic (āk'ə-děm'ĭk)
adj.
8. Having no practical purpose or use.

:D
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

i'm here. yes tis a busy time right now - end of term + christmas and all that, and exams after the holidays - (which start tomorrow - :banana:). Not that i've been to any lectures this week - (i've been sick. everywhere. But it's cleared up now i think, and i'm just waiting for my voice to return. :| ) But today i handed in my last homewkr of the term. Haappy. Now i really must go and chuck some things in a case to go home ttomorrow for holidays - will get there and find that i've packed completely the wrong things and usually i have noting i need and everything i don't need. So i should try and get some sensible things sorted.
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

I am off home for the holidays tomorrow and packing is a nightmare I just hope i will have everything i need by 7am tomorrow and dont forget anything i have some coursework to do over the holidays and I also have an exam in January.

I am just so glad to be going home ive missed everyone and my little neice is missing me too, I also cant wait too see my nephew who was born this morning oohh i am so excited
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

I'm still alive! I just dissapeared for a while.

Need more research participants.

Must design telepathy experiment!

Need semester two discource project.

Better writeup old experiment.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Telepathy experiment? Will that be anything like the one at the start of Ghostbusters with the cards and the electric shock machine? :P
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

packing is a nightmare - i did mine last night and have no idea what i packed. i know i packed my stats book, duvet cover, and pile of dirty socks, but really i have no idea what else i packed. pretty sure i packed my phone coz i cant find that anywhere. and i must of packed some clothes (i really hope) coz i couldnt find much this morning. but i guess it will make unpacking be like a big surprise. i'll be like ooh what possessed me to pack that, and find i have nothing i need and loads of things i dont need!
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Lists can be good for packing and if you're regularly packing the same things you can refer to the same list to make sure there's nothing you've forgotten. This applies to holidays as well as moving between Uni and home. When I was travelling I was forever packing and unpacking and although I had a system of always putting the same things in the same places it would take me an age to do - always much longer than anyone else.
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Sadly not, I never get to electrocute anyone :(

It didn't involve cards directly, but I figure I'd sample from sucessfull poker players, if there are telepaths hiding anywhere I'd put my money on Vegas.

Which is what they want...

:P
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Been busy with assessments for uni all which have to be in by the 8th Jan....

12 case studies, one essay, my ELP (which is a nightmare...) plus my dissertation to write up before I go back to uni at the end of january....