confused

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

GWhizz
Regular Poster

confused

Post by GWhizz »

Ok

university is happening I'm going to Aberystwyth University to study Drama with film and tv studies BA with Joint Honours

Have filled in the PN1 form for the student loan and in it was a box for DSA only thing is I haven't seen this form yet would I need to do stuff before I go to uni doing tests etc. Would the local LEA do the test for Dyslexia and Dyspraxia I was talking to a friend of mine and she said they do tests in Bristol? I looked and the tests are loads of money ](*,) I hate all this paper work and it's so frustrating one thing after another i have to get done it's getting on my wick I also have to injections which I ham not too hot about either none to happy #-o :bike: :evil: I am applying on my own out of college and I see noone else with the same dificulties I don't sleep at night worrying feel so trapped I lost both my grandads this year and I think about this :boxedin: and all these thoughts are running through my head and its :@ making me sad
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf
Charlotte
Getting settled in

Re: confused

Post by Charlotte »

Hi, your post brought back memories! I remember going through the same thing when I applied to Uni.

If you want to apply for DSA (and you don't have to) I think you need an up to date assessment (I did). With me it had to be done after I turned sixteen. I hadn't had one so I had one carried out at Uni, they did it free. I don't know if your Uni does free assessing but it's worth finding out. You can always not apply and then change your mind and apply later.

It seems to me that much of your post was about other difficulties you are experiencing. I hate injections as well so I sympathise. I'm sorry about you losing both your granddads this year that must have been really tough for you.

Hope you get the DSA stuff sorted out soon and feel better soon x
GWhizz
Regular Poster

Re: confused

Post by GWhizz »

I had a test done when I was 17 I am 24 now, people tell me I need a new one I wish I'd gone sooner to uni but figuring out what I was drawn to took a bit more longer that and going through different systems - college gcse resits (tests 17), doing a modern apprenticeship in Graphic design 1 year got an NVQ level 2 funding ran out before I could complete level 3 a year of unemployment, going back to college to do access course did very well whilst doing this volunteering in radio and a helpline and being a youth worker. while still being unemployed for about 4ish years feel a bit down about being unemployed I mean I can work I have loads of skills (not meaning to brag or be arrogant far from it)(I am now thinking I am like i'm showing off) (not the unwmployment bit)
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf