ARGH!!!

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

nick
Power poster

Post by nick »

thanks fuzzy
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Fuzzy is right, Nick. Go out and enjoy yourself!
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

It's important to do things you enjoy, as well as get the work done, as otherwise what is the point. Work=reward.
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

good advice for the word count fuzz, I'll try that myself next time.

How are all the essays going Nick and Emma? happy birthday nicks friend

I've got 2,000 words to write as a group 'critic' for this big project we had to do. It's going to be really tough because I feel that I worked really hard but the end result was not great, the other 4 team members worked eithrer to little or too much but in the wrong direction. I really think I'm right in this in fact I know I am but I find it's very very very very hard to criticise someone else. There is so much about me that's a bit crap. Oh well good learning exercise I syuppose. One of the group was a recently diagnosed Dyslexic, her working methods and mine clashed horribly and she was not going to change so for the benefit of the project I had to adopt now working methods, how do I wrap that up in pretty words? and another lass tradgically lost her dad at christmas ( she's only 19 ) she didn't do the work she said she would and so those areas were lacking. Can I say that ? this is going to be really hard I should just make a start I guess.
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

Glad the rescue remedy hit the spot Mattie lol \:D/
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Ruth, although theproject isdesignedto get youworking in a team, if you have donelots of work yourself and tryed hard to compromise with others and workwellwith themm, then this will show. You cant make ppl workwell together, but aslong as you have done yourbit and tryed your hardest, thenthats enough, saysi! Leave the bits for other ppl upto them-thats thiewrtask, not your, and if they havent fdone it it will reflect badly on them not you! :D Sorry ifthis makes little sensedidnt really sleep very well last night! GOOD LUCK RITH! :D

NB: THIS MESSAGE WAS TRYPED ON A CRAP KEYBOARD AND FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, HENCE THE WEIRD WORD FORMATIONS ETC! I WAS NOT DRUNK, HEEHEE!!! :P
Last edited by fuzzy on Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

Hi Ruth
My essay is going a bit better not I have managed to find some relevent litrature and get some ideas from that. So I am going to finish the research today and tomorrow and on wedensday I am going to sit down and do the whole thing.
nick
Power poster

Post by nick »

hi ruth, i got my word count down to 2120 now and i intend to go back and add some more evaluation to it. i always find that if i leave my essay for a while i can add quite a bit more value to it. i dont know if its a dysparaxic thing but i seem to miss stuff out first time round almost as if i could not juggle all the ideas in one draft but on rereading it and thinking about it; i start to realize that certain things are very relavant and should be included. O:)

i' sorry to hear about your stress over group projects. i've heard from others that they can be nightmares and unfortunately i'll be expected to do some group work next year. i'm already feeling resentful about it.
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

well guys I am going out to night Ive just been told that I look stuning as its my birthday tomorrow I went shopping today and brought a nice new top and two of my mates have done my make up as I am completely hopeless at that sort of stuff I end up stabing myself in the eye with the mascara this is not appreciated by my contact lenses hopefully to night will be good all of the girls i live with are comming on the coundition that I have no panic attacks need no ambulances I am alloward headbanging and rocking if its necessary.

emma
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, hope you are having a good time partying, now it's 10.40pm. I guess you won't be doing much posting or anything else tomorrow morning!
rhubarb_crumble
Getting settled in

Post by rhubarb_crumble »

Happy Birthday, Emma!
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Hope you had a great birthday Emma!
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Happy (belated?) birthday!! May your day be splendid and joyous!!!! :D
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

Happy Birthday for yesterday Emma. have you had fun, where did you go? and how is the essay going?

nick, I also find it valuable to re-read a peice of work aagain after a bit, I always find bits I want to improve/include and my marks are good. I don't know if it's a dyspraxic thing or not! It does mean I need to finish work early in order to have time to read it through.

The team work has been fine up until this last project. I have been able to choose people to work wiht and have worked with people I like amd who try hard. This lat one the group was designated and we had 1 very difficult member grrrrr. When do you start on the group projecst? I bet folks will have some good advice about stratergies - let us know how it goes.
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

Hi all had a really good birthday on wedensday I went to a night club in Plymouth with most of the girls that live on the floor in my halls had a great time although wasn't too hammered which was a god thing. yesterday I had to go to a rural village to do some research on social isolation was quite fun then we had a chinese take away and watched a movie but I went to bed just after 8pm because i was tired and I am also i'll at the moment my glands in my neck are all swollen my ears are sore and I can't swallow anythin properly.

The essay is going well at the moment. still have lot to write though.
I am trying to do three different peojects at the same time so I don't get boared of the same thing.

Emma