Hello!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello!

Post by Tom fod »

Hi James
Welcome to the Forum

What part of Wales are you from?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
justjan1
New member - welcome them!

Post by justjan1 »

Hello I'm Jan
An older member. glad to have found this forum.
Back in my day (when dinosaurs roamed) Dyspraxia wasn't heard of, even my nice parents were embarrassed by by clumsyness.

Teachers declared me lazy and stupid, I genuinely thought I wasn't trying enough,and doomed to failure being unable to skip, catch a ball, ride a bike and play hockey - the latter from a teacher.
Despite this I surprised both schools by passing 11plus and getting 5 O levels, all arts and language based.
It wasn't until I was being assessed for a business course that the guy in charge recognised my dyspraxia, it turned out his son was the same.

It was such a relief to learn about dyspraxia, even finding out that we get more tired because of extra effort needed for everyday tasks.

Great to read all your stories, and finally....
I failed to register here 5 times and managed to lose my first post on here...twice - been a bit stressed, makes my dyspraxia worse :D :D :D :D
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

justjan1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:25 pm Hello I'm Jan
An older member. glad to have found this forum.
Back in my day (when dinosaurs roamed) Dyspraxia wasn't heard of, even my nice parents were embarrassed by by clumsyness.

Teachers declared me lazy and stupid, I genuinely thought I wasn't trying enough,and doomed to failure being unable to skip, catch a ball, ride a bike and play hockey - the latter from a teacher.
Despite this I surprised both schools by passing 11plus and getting 5 O levels, all arts and language based.
It wasn't until I was being assessed for a business course that the guy in charge recognised my dyspraxia, it turned out his son was the same.

It was such a relief to learn about dyspraxia, even finding out that we get more tired because of extra effort needed for everyday tasks.

Great to read all your stories, and finally....
I failed to register here 5 times and managed to lose my first post on here...twice - been a bit stressed, makes my dyspraxia worse :D :D :D :D
Hi Jan
Welcome to the madhouse/your Tribe

Sometimes it cab time out so Select All and Copy before you hit submit can enable you to paste text of your post back in if you're annoyingly timed out.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

james62474545 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:53 am Hi Tom,

I'm from Mid-Wales. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🙂

Cool I'm in Gloucestershire
Tom
Moderator/Administrator