With your dyspraxia do you prefer smaller or bigger phones?

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

spencer2001
New member - welcome them!

With your dyspraxia do you prefer smaller or bigger phones?

Post by spencer2001 »

Hello,

After years of knowing there was something wrong with me but didn't know what I am finally waiting to get diagnosed with dyspraxia and dyslexia. I heard of dyslexia but never heard of dyspraxia until five days ago.

I've currently got two phones I own, iPhone SE 2020 (A small phone) and a Samsung S21 FE 5G (A bigger phone) I can't decide which one to use. I personally struggle to use phones and I am always dropping mine, do you prefer a smaller phone or a taller phone and why?

Also what sort of phone case do you prefer to use? I don't know if I should invest in a shockproof phone case due to me always dropping my phone.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: With your dyspraxia do you prefer smaller or bigger phones?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi and welcome

Please be mindful that everyone with Dyspraxia is unique and will havve iindividual needs and preferences.

I have a number of Apple devices but my phones are mostly Samsung, but not a premium model - I hope that makes it less desirable to light fingered folk. I also bought it to use with a SIM only so pay less than £10 per month.

Would def recommend a case (mine have mostly been cheaper end of scale from Amazon) and some form of screen protection.

If you can afford it, you might want to consider insurance but make sure the policy suits your needs and will pay out.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
FromtheHill
New member - welcome them!

Re: With your dyspraxia do you prefer smaller or bigger phones?

Post by FromtheHill »

Big phones for me. The texting is a challenge with how terrible the auto-correct is. The larger screen makes it easier to see.

The other big thing for me is iPhones. I found Androids etc to be super frustrating. But that's me. Other people hate iPhones and find the Androids easier to deal with. It's all a struggle regardless.

Same with keyboards. Im six foot. So I need bigger devices etc anyways. I fumble around with any device or appliance. I can type out typos super fast and then have to retype everything on a laptop. The 10 keypad is hit or miss if I can crank out numbers effectively. I do pop off the 'Number lock' key on the keyboard to avoid hitting that silly thing.