Hello and I'm Impressed

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ericsugar
New member - welcome them!

Hello and I'm Impressed

Post by ericsugar »

Hi.

My name is Eric and I'm from California. Like most Americans when I say I have Dyspraxia it always has an * attached to it because it is almost impossible to get a diagnosis there. But I am working on changing that. I am on the board of a Foundation that is dedicated to spreading awareness about Dyspraxia and getting it recognized there. I cannot say how much we appreciate all the great work that is being done in the U.K. to support people with Dyspraxia.

I am looking forward to going back and reading old posts. Every story I hear and every person I meet helps me learn a little bit more about this condition and how it affects the lives of adults.

Thank you.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Hello and I'm Impressed

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Eric

Good Evening (or morning if reading later.) Thank You

This Forum was set up way back in 2006 by Dan and Pooky. I only came to it in 2011, joining the Admin/Mod team in 2012. It was definitely the most useful source of info and support I was able to find at time as before then I'd been struggling and not knowing why.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
sarahmoore
New member - welcome them!

Post by sarahmoore »

hi, I'm Sarah, dyspraxic and dyslexic and ADHD (only dyslexic diagnosed officially).
I have problems with remembering appointments, organising my life, dropping and spilling things and missing my coffee cup.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

sarahmoore wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:17 pm hi, I'm Sarah, dyspraxic and dyslexic and ADHD (only dyslexic diagnosed officially).
I have problems with remembering appointments, organising my life, dropping and spilling things and missing my coffee cup.
Hi Sarah

Welcome back and apologies for not acknowledging you sooner! I'm sure I could set up notifications to prompt me. I'm also involved in some other Dyspraxic groups and on here is quite quiet and chilled compared to Facebook

Today I've spilt both water and cereal (not together) Often I wonder how I manage to give the illusion of being organised as I so often feel not far from chaotic!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)