Medication

Getting assessed for your dyspraxia, getting help, disability allowance etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Frankie
New member - welcome them!

Medication

Post by Frankie »

Hi my name is Frankie and I was diagnosed with dyspraxia as a child, my mother always told me it was cured tho. Anyway, I am now 24 and have realised that it’s probably still something I struggle with, I don’t let it define me tho! POW pow pow… anyway I was wondering if there is any medication I would be able to take and be prescribed without having to jump thru hoops that would help me with concentration that I wouldn’t have to see therapist after therapist about, I reside in australia if that helps answer the question. Thank you!
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Medication

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Frankie

Regrettably there are far too many criminals and fraudsters advertising medicinal products and excercise to 'cure' neurodivergent conditions including Dyspraxia.

Most of these products are simply a waste of money,. However, some are harmful, and/or restricted (prescription only) and illegal importation or posession could potentially result in a criminal record.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Medication

Post by Tom fod »

JayLiemy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:41 pm Hey! Some options could potentially help with concentration, such as stimulants like Ritalin or Adderall.
If you have ADHD too, stimulant medication can help. You'd need a prescription to obtain either legally
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)