To be or not to be a room leader in a day nursery?

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

alb24
New member - welcome them!

To be or not to be a room leader in a day nursery?

Post by alb24 »

I need some terrific techniques and strategies from those who are in a day nursery 40hours a week all year round as well as a room leader, deputy or manager for this occupation or any other occupations.

I'm 95% sure that i want to leave my current job working with 2-5 year old, 25hrs a week, term time only as a practitioner and accept a job that has been offered to me working in a day nursery 40 hours a week all year round with only 3 and 4 yrs 11months old children.
The deputy manager at the new place was my deputy manager and my current place and she has told the new manager that i would make a great room leader, however I really want to take on this role but I'm so nervous can I actually cope not only changing my weekly hours but take on more responsibilities?

I know my strengths and as for the weaknesses I know will be supported by the manager and deputy, I just need to talk to the dyspraxia crew lol