Noise at work concentration

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ronnie123
New member - welcome them!

Noise at work concentration

Post by ronnie123 »

Does anyone find it difficult to contrate at work with noise in the background. Because I am struggling to concentrate on my work as colleagues play music in the background even though its not very loud and I end up getting a headache. Does anyone else have these issues at work?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Noise at work concentration

Post by Tom fod »

Would def not like that. Would interference with my 'in brain commentary'.

I work in an open plan office and other noises defi intrude/distract me. Though I'm conscious I in turn make noise, especially when I'm agitated.

Are noise cancelling headphones a possible solution? Music or poss some calming background noise to counter the other background noise from your colleagues?
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Panda7
New member - welcome them!

Re: Noise at work concentration

Post by Panda7 »

I too work in an open plan office and noise does effect my productivity.
My supervisor has moved me to a quiet area away from the noise and radio in the main area. However people around me still insist on playing music and talking loudly. I have tried to explain that each layer of sound effects my concentration and ask to remove the music and that they play on their headphones. However they dont try to understand get very argumentative and quite militant about playing the radio. So i brought Sony Base Noise cancelling headphones for myself and they are good but not complete noise block. 🐼