Falling under stress/ anxiety

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

christianphillips
New member - welcome them!

Re: Falling under stress/ anxiety

Post by christianphillips »

Hey! Stress and anxiety can definitely affect focus and coordination, especially for adults with dyspraxia. While I'm not a pro, some people find relief with CBD products. It's worth exploring! Remember, what works for one person might differ for another, so it's cool to experiment cautiously. Also, connecting with a healthcare pro who understands dyspraxia could offer tailored advice.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

christianphillips wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:56 pm Hey! Stress and anxiety can definitely affect focus and coordination, especially for adults with dyspraxia. While I'm not a pro, some people find relief with CBD products. It's worth exploring! Remember, what works for one person might differ for another, so it's cool to experiment cautiously. Also, connecting with a healthcare pro who understands dyspraxia could offer tailored advice.
Please be mindful that if you edit your post to add commercial url links you could fall foul of both our zero tolerance to advertising and UK law.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
Dexterules

Post by Dexterules »

I can't claim to have dyspraxia, but I do understand how challenging it can be when stress messes with your focus and even your physical coordination.
As for adults with dyspraxia, I've heard that these challenges might be more pronounced in some cases, but it's always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional who can provide personalized advice.
Last edited by Dexterules on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Dexterules wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:58 am I can't claim to have dyspraxia, but I do understand how challenging it can be when stress messes with your focus and even your physical coordination.
Plenty of people discover and/or have good cause to believe they might but struggle to get professional confirmation as provision is largely not there esp so for adults.

Being stressed too often comes as an 'added bonus' It can be very much a vicious circle!
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
Timbee

Post by Timbee »

I can share something that has helped me manage stress and anxiety, which might be beneficial for others, too: breathing exercises.
My personal favorite technique is progressive muscle relaxation. I like it because it involves systematically tensing and then relaxing different muscle groups in your body. This practice can also be beneficial for concentration, as it allows for a moment of mindfulness, refocusing attention away from stressors and towards the physical sensations of relaxation.
RazorCarrie

Post by RazorCarrie »

I've heard that adults with dyspraxia can experience issues with coordination and balance, which might contribute to falling under stress or anxiety. It could be worth discussing your symptoms with a healthcare provider to explore potential underlying causes and strategies for managing them. Additionally, if you're still searching for options, considering alternatives like [Advertising of drugs is forbidden details passed to authorities] might offer some relief, as it's known for its potential benefits in reducing stress and anxiety in some individuals. Always important to prioritize safety and consult with professionals when exploring new treatments.
Last edited by Tom fod on Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Illegal activity on Forum
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Aarsonhfr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 am
CBD reduces stress and anxiety because it acts on the body's endocannabinoid system, which is involved in the regulation of many physiological processes, including stress and anxiety.
It is a good treatment for this type of illness.
In short, you must also have a doctor's prescription for treatment.
Dyspraxia is in no way an illness. To suggest that it is will not be tolerated.

This forum has a zero tolerance policy on the promotion of illegal drugs /psychoactive substances we will pass details of posters to relevant authorities.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

ayguistoi

Post by ayguistoi »

It's like navigating a maze blindfolded sometimes, isn't it? I've heard some folks finding relief with CBD products, but it's such a personal journey. What works for one might not work for another. Personally, I've found mindfulness and deep breathing exercises super helpful when I'm feeling overwhelmed. And hey, have you heard about PTSD? It's another beast altogether, often triggered by traumatic experiences. It's tough, but seeking professional help is crucial. I stumbled upon this link about PTSD treatment in South Florida, might be worth checking out: [url removed by Admin as contravenes our No Advertising without Admin Consent policy]. Feel free to reach out if you need someone to chat with or just vent.