College

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

gherkin001
Super poster

College

Post by gherkin001 »

Well, Ive officially been kicked out of college because of Pauline!

For all who dont know, she said that rape is always the victims fault. Being that I have been through that I couldnt just say nothing and stood up to her about it, she is the criminal psychology lecturer! I am kicked out of college on the grounds that Pauline is scared of me!

Im sorry but I couldnt listen to her twaddle on like that and say nothing.why is it that in a class of 8, 5 people complained about her and her attitude yet she doesnt get reprimanded over it and I get kicked out of college permanently? I just dont understand.

Kirsty
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Sorry to hear about you being kicked out of college...

My suggestion is appeal and go to the head of the department/college.... don't let one person stop you from doing what you want.....
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

that sounds terrible Kirsty, I'm so sorry to hear that :(
I agree, you should complain to the college. A topic as sensitive as that should have been handled much better - obviously there are going to be string opinions on it. I just hope that by standing up to her, it maybe made your lecturer question her own beliefs, even if she didn't appear to show it.
Good luck, and let us knwo how you get on.
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

The college have taken the attitude that I'm "too unstable" to be attending college, and that coupled with Pauline's "fear" of me means I cant be there.

To make matters worse, the manager of staff at the college wanted PROOF that I'd ever been through it. He actually rang the Vice Principal at the last college I attended for evidence.

To me thats pretty demented, there would really be something wrong with anyone that could make that up!

Kirsty
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

WTF?! :-s

I really am confused. Why would you have been kicked out for disagreeing with the lecturer? I presume this was in a non-threatening manner. :-s
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

completely non-threatening, a friend of mine has been suspended because Pauline insulted her religion and she decided to stand up for herself.

This woman is a nightmare.

Kirsty
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

That sucks :S
You've got a legal argument there if you want it. I can't imagine the legal advice team in the guild (essentially students union) not crucifying anyone who made that decision here.
Actually I find the proof bit the only understandable thing they did. You'd be amazed what people'll make up to avoid failing / dropping out. Still, there are more sensative ways to handle aquiring it.