Train Maps and routes

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

BetaBox
Getting settled in

Train Maps and routes

Post by BetaBox »

I get alot of joy about trying and figuring out the best routes, especially tube.

How about others?
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I enjoy the London Underground!! you jump on a train going where you want to go, then either they terminate it, probs on the line ahead, or they change the destination!!

so the train you are now on is going somewhere else!! so not really.

pretty good at map reading for routes, but not so good at being given a direction, when driving, like a driving test, or lessons.

but if I know a fair amount of the route by writing it down on a piece of paper, then I tend to remember it better, then get a passenger to read a few steps ahead, and then repeat the next step after I done the last part, like turn right, take the 3rd junction on the left type of thing.

like I done geography in school, thinking it would be more about map reading and stuff, instead it was more of the same type of thing, the world around us, eg. volcano's, earthquakes etc.

so I was quite disappointed in that, so all I really learned was how to find special landmarks on a map, and the grid reference, and how that is worked out. all the rest I had learned myself.