The moan and groan thread

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Esioul
Power poster

The moan and groan thread

Post by Esioul »

I'm feeling grumpy so decided we need this. Hmph. It's the college ball tonight and I lack the necessary ingrediants (i.e ball gown, fairy godmother, body transplant), so I'm on the internet in my room, how sad. Grrr.
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Bah! Everyone hates balls. I've been invited to dozens since uni and I haven't gone to a single one, couldn't drag me if I were tied to a wheelchair. Actually that ball might suit...I digress.

Point is this: I don't know who decided that going to a ball meant you were a good happy person and being on the internet meant you were sad and unloved but if I ever find out who it is I'm going to get someone with bodily coordination to beat him up for me.

Don't feel sad 'cause you're sat at home, you can find happiness wherever you choose to look for it. Honest.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

I hate disco's etc, so I wouldn't worry about it esiuol!

all it is, is a large room, loud music, and no-one to dance with :*( when under 18, now it is a large room, loud music, no-one to dance with, and everyone drunk as can be! well before you can touch a drop of alcohol :*(

as I don't like having a few cans before going out, I usually have them while sat at my pc when I get back (to drown my sorrows in :*()

so I wouldn't let it get to you :) you got us here!!! \:D/
Esioul
Power poster

Post by Esioul »

I suppose it's the geeksoc socia tonight.

My roommate and I were planning a bar crawl that involved restraints. Only no one ones to come on it. She even drew a nice picture.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

:*( sounds fun!!

instead I got to get ready, as meeting my friend down the hospital to see his wife, and baby (god help the world, if she turns out to have him as a father!!) \:D/

she was born 6 weeks early, so probably only get to see her through the window if that.

so have fun esiuol!! I sure won't be!! poss. a can or two then bed if I manage to stay up that long!
robyn

Post by robyn »

i would be miserable at a ball, and happy at home on the computer.

answering emails and talking to valued friends is way more important than a ball
donnaf
Power poster

Post by donnaf »

I agree, I'd be just as happy at home than at a ball, if not happier. At least at home you can kick back and totally be yourself. There's more important things in life than a ball imo.
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never ever gonna keep me down :D

Esioul
Power poster

Post by Esioul »

Hmm well had a goth barcrawl tonight but wasn't a great sucess because several people left quite early, I think the mood was too sombre, and I looked like a 80 year old man in drag eugh and I feel a bit sick now blurgh and I drank a hairy harrison
robyn

Post by robyn »

I really need to use this thread today

im realy really pissed off

I have a gorgeous horse who I bought a new saddle for 2 years ago, shes had back probs before i got her and due to lots of weight and muscle changes this one suited her better than her old one. My saddler (the only good one in the area) left the country so when i needed to get it reflocked (when the wool stuffing is smoothed out and padded up if needed, and sometimes changed to fit different) I just took it into the local saddlers cause it only needed v basic reflocking cause the shape and fit was perfect, just the flocking had became compacted unevenly. They are a big saddlers and I gave v simple instructions and when I got it back they had done the opposite of what I asked so i put it back in for them supposedly to fix and now Iv got it back its still not right and I think they intentionally did a sloppy job cause I complained the first time (this is not paranoia, its v common for horse related people to do this cause its difficult to proove that cause theres not really any set experts). Now I dont know what to do, if I complain again they may ruin it worse, if I just ask for my money back it'll cost me alot more to get this fixed, and like I say theres noone reputable in the area anyways so its not like I could be sure itd be done right then anyways. I cant just leave it cause it may damage my horses back and I feel lousy cause its my responsibility to care for her and this is not good care.

Dont know what to do, I know its not the biggest issue ever but its pissing me off cause i feel stuck in a corner and Im worried bout the expense this may incur, not to mention stress and hurt to my horse(not exercising is also v bad for her).

Nothing is ever easy!!!!! The thing that really bothers me is that this saddle was a perfect fit and now it may never be that well suited to her even if I find someone to sort it.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

that is the problem with big companies, and stuff taking over the markets in every way possible, maybe you should walk your horse there, and get them to make you a nice cup of coffee while you wait for your horse to get the saddle refitted!!

make sure they got insurance against shoddy workmanship as well, otherwise they might turn around, and say it won't fit your horse right, which means they will try doing you for every penny for a new saddle. they are good like that! not!!

and also get a solicitor involved if it goes wrong again, make sure you take pictures of the saddle on the horse before, and after, otherwise they might try bailling out that way as well.

and record the conversation with them
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

Right sorry my turn to moan and groan.

My friend keeps texting me and if I don't text back straight away he puts tb grr and I went out for a bit of practice in my mums car today and it wasn't very good, I think it was because she was stressed so it affected me nad then I stalled at a roundabout about 5 or 6 times and grr I just want to escape the house and just go out for the night.

Sorry I'll shut up now!

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

don't worry Meg, I think everyone knows someone like that, I know I do!

yet at the same time feel like telling her to take a run, and jump off a very short peer!! but can't 'cause at the same time she is my friends gf!!

maybe we should all meet up, and accidently on purpose loose our mobiles!! that way there is less chance of these people getting us all wound up!
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

Shadwell I like that idea. He gets very narky if I don't tb straight away, like Sunday I had a really bad hangover os went to bed early and he put something like why ain't you texting. Then today I went out for half an hour with my mum for some practice and he put something like text back meg. I have a life.. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sorry needed to rant.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

As a song that I used to like back in the 80's said "Shout! Shout! let it all out, these are the things we can do without! come on I'm talking to you!"

which was done by Tears For Fears called Shout! think it sum's up this thread!!
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

On my placement at school theres another girl there for the same reason as me. At first it was nice to have someone to sit next to in the staffroom. But now she just completely irritates the life out of me most of the time!

It is actually just me being silly, because theyre only tiny things that irritate me - but i'm writing it here anyway:

She turns up ridiculously late and leaves really early every day. Then complains all the time to me about how shes got so many tasks to do. This irritates me because i have the same amount of tasks to do, spend much longer in school working on them, but she'll just pop in for ten minutes a day and be way ahead of me on the amount of tasks shes done!

The second thing is really sillly. Whenever she speaks to me she stands really really close to me. Which i hate. So i always take a step back to feel more comfortable, and she allways steps even closer to me! I know it's really stupid but it drives me insane!

The other thing is just the way she speaks - its either just because shes not english, or shes just dead bossy. But instead of saying 'are you coming for lunch' or whatever she'll say "Come! Come! We go for lunch now!", in this weird high pitched voice!

Anyway. Enough of my grumblings about nothing. Theres just lots of small things that irritate me. particularly the standing really close to me. its just weird. I'll shut up now!!

Lucy. :)