More posting please

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

More posting please

Post by Tom fod »

I know we generally aren't the kind for meaningless small talk but was thinking it might be nice to reanimate discussions here. I appreciate the fact that phrases like 'cheer up' would quite rightly go down like a lead balloon but it would be really nice to see some more interaction here as I know you too can add some valid thoughtful and useful points and insights that my poor befuddled brain may have missed. So where you can please post.

Don't forget we have the Lounge for anything less dyspraxia related be it a poem. a link to something you do as a hobby or your thoughts about something in the news.

Over to you
Last edited by Tom fod on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
otis_b_flywheel
Regular Poster

Re: More posting please

Post by otis_b_flywheel »

Fair comment Tom, and guilty as charged as I was on holiday at the beginning of July and then working away from home for most of the rest of the month. I for one hope to be more active again soon :)
Tim

"I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome."
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

otis_b_flywheel wrote:Fair comment Tom, and guilty as charged as I was on holiday at the beginning of July and then working away from home for most of the rest of the month. I for one hope to be more active again soon :)

Tim

Thanks but Please no guilt! I think we can/should allow time off for holiday and work 8-)

I suspect/hope that some come to the forum only occasionally when/if they need to get something out/off of their chest. Feel better and go on their way again so in some respects maybe quiet is good? I guess too that some of us can be a little shy/worry about saying the wrong thing, but do we need to here?

Kind regards
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
YellowSunshine
Getting settled in

Post by YellowSunshine »

I will definitely post a bit more. I enjoy this forum and the community. I struggle to give advice but will try interacting a bit more.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

YellowSunshine wrote:I will definitely post a bit more. I enjoy this forum and the community. I struggle to give advice but will try interacting a bit more.

Thank you. I believe even just saying "Hi you"re not alone in that" is helpful in itself. We all have different experiences so we can't necessarily connect meaningfully with everyone every day.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

Dan
Power poster

Post by Dan »

I would be posting a lot more if I had a PC, as, despite my Dyspraxia, I am an insanely fast typist - everybody laughs about it. However, my thumbs cramp up with surplus words so I prefer to keep it optimised.
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

Life has been a bit full recently...

Haven't checked in for a while.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle: