The Eurovision Thread

Non-dyspraxic chat about anything under the sun

Moderator: Moderator Team

Daniel
Administrator

The Eurovision Thread

Post by Daniel »

Eurovision is almost here! If you're a fan - for whatever reason - be it the cheese, the complete randomness of the acts, Tel's sarcastic commentary or the outrageously political voting, post your thoughts and indeed commentary if you wish about the event and performances!
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I have watched since 2000
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Only 2000? A relative newcomer :) I think the last time we hosted it was 1992-ish at Birmingham.

Bosnia on now. Love Tel's description of the band. A lady with four frightened looking companions, lol.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Spain is the 2nd peformance/act on
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

So far -

Bosnia - rather unassuming and gentle
Spain - guys with tight trousers who love themselves far too much
Belarus - rather odd singing voice, but in a style which will likely find favour with the many Eastern European countries and is tipped to do well
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Ireland is the 4th act

Finland 5th act - Tel get us a warning about the flashing lights

At the stage I am wondering what are the other commentaries across Europe are saying - I would just love to watch Eurovision in another country with subtitles be quite interesting
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I just love the little films before the next song is perform
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I don't think anyone matches Tel. One year down under they didn't take Tel for their coverage and used their own presenter. There was uproar and the Eurovision - with Tel - had to be shown later.
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

FYR Macedonia - 6th song, seems to be a good song
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Ireland - pleasant but not an outstanding performance - and when Tel doesn't get excited by the Irish entry it can't have a chance. RTE must still be broke from the last time they hosted Eurovision.
Finland - this performance had pizazz. Could they be going for the double?
FYRoM - Passable but not terribly memorable I thought. Might well get regional votes though.
Slovenia - the singer is apparently a clone of the Finnish lead. Unexpectedly operatic. She has magic lights on her hand! Worth a vote of anyone's money, surely?
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I love the film before the Greek Song

I have heard about the sport on a early breakfast news program
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

So we have a small break

From the songs so far my favourite is the Greek one
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

France is the 13th country to peform

A pretty fast song in my option after a slow start,

Latvia is the 14th to sing, love Tel comment, I am sure I have had something similar before from somewhere (or probably heard it on youtube), love the top hats
Last edited by Philip on Sat May 12, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Hungary - nice song and performance although not really my sort of music. Going for a rather more sophisticated entry than the standard firework affair.
Lithuania - the band are just shadows! Guitary but not at all memorable. Tel summed it up well: "Never went anywhere, did it?"
Greece - less than impressed about this guy accompanied by a Greek "Pans People"
Georgia - Is Georgia in Europe? Well as much as Israel is I suppose. Got Whirling Dirvishes - always a positive asset to any performance. The singer was trying hard. Will her efforts pay off?
Sweden - A Glam entry this with a fittingly 1970s sound that sounds very much like something I can't quite place my finger on...
France - seems to go for a parody of French songs. English words in a French entry? My god! Catchy in an odd sort of a way but not a winner by a long way.
Latvia - the top hatted tenors. Might they do well?
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Russia

Germany

Serbia

like the film before the Ukraine, Love Tel Comment, love the outfits, song okay, a bit crazy in my option - could be a winner