Dyspraxia Employment survey for Dyspraxia Awareness week

Discussions relating to jobs and working, including finding work, interviews, the work place etc.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ALADDIN
Power poster

Dyspraxia Employment survey for Dyspraxia Awareness week

Post by ALADDIN »

In preparation for Dyspraxia Awareness Week (9th - 15th October) we are carrying out a survey to find out about the employment experiences of people with dyspraxia/developmental coordination disorder (DCD). This information will help us produce a ‘press release’ highlighting the challenges experienced by employees with dyspraxia/DCD, the benefits that people with dyspraxia/DCD bring to the workplace and the strategies that enable people with dyspraxia/DCD to be successful.

The survey will also help us to identify how we can best help our adult members and provide us with evidence that will be useful when we are talking to government and businesses.

We welcome responses from people with dyspraxia/DCD who are employed, volunteering/in unpaid work, unemployed, self-employed or retired. Please follow the link below to start the survey which closes on 31st July 2016.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Employ16

This survey is anonymous and will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. If you have any questions regarding the survey please contact Lisa McCarthy, Information Officer at informationofficer@dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk

If you are interested in being a Case Study to help us raise awareness of dyspraxia in the workplace during our Awareness Week campaign, please email admin@dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk for a copy of our Case Study form.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxia Employment survey for Dyspraxia Awareness week

Post by Tom fod »

Aladdin
Thanks for taking initiative and posting a link to this
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
OneClumsyDragon
Getting settled in

Post by OneClumsyDragon »

Some of the questions don't apply to me, but require an answer according to the survey? Specifically, section 8
I am unable to complete the survey without answering these questions, which would compromise the validity of the survey
Can you make add an answer choice for n/a?
All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Hi there
assuming that by section 8 you mean Q8
Have you disclosed dyspraxia to your employer
Options for which are:
Yes
No
N/A (eg self employed) You cd be a N/A for other reasons, being self employed is just one example.

Any queries should be referred directly to the Dyspraxia Foundation
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
OneClumsyDragon
Getting settled in

Post by OneClumsyDragon »

I'm not sure what the question numbers were, but I was asked about jobseeking and unemployment even though I said I was employed, this happened three times
The fourth time, I adjusted one of my other answers and had no more problems though :)
All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

I'm not sure I'm ever compatible with online surveys. They often seem restrictive and I end up 'getting lost' One would think a survey for dyspraxics would conform? No a preposterous notion 8-)
Tom
Moderator/Administrator