Eyesight and Dyspraxia

A place to talk about your experience of living with Dyspraxia

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Eyesight and Dyspraxia

Post by Tom fod »

Alyssa wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:12 pm It's natural to wonder about potential connections between dyspraxia and differing eyesight levels, especially within your family. Dyspraxia affects coordination, while variations in eyesight levels may stem from genetics or other factors. Research is ongoing, and consulting healthcare professionals specializing in dyspraxia and ophthalmology can offer insights. Understanding your family's medical history and discussing observations with experts can provide clarity. Additionally, for individuals experiencing near vision issues after cataract surgery, techniques like using specialized intraocular lenses or undergoing monovision correction procedures can help improve vision. Seeking professional guidance ensures effective management of both dyspraxia-related concerns and post-cataract surgery vision issues. [url removed by Admin and poster's and details shared with regulatory authorities]?

Misinformation and attempts to defraud will not be tolerated
If you'd read and heeded the specific warnings you wouldn't be looking over shoulder waiting for the knock on the door.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
FromtheHill
New member - welcome them!

Re: Eyesight and Dyspraxia

Post by FromtheHill »

My eyesight is about the only thing I have going for me oddly enough. Everything else related to my senses is 'off.'

That said I misjudge objects due to spatial awareness issues. I do misread ads & product labels. As in I would misread ads and think the deal was way better than it was. Also I'd get home and discover I grabbed the Diet Cherry coke by mistake or came home with a DVD I had already bought cause my aim was off when I was reaching for the sequel.